What does Muppet Central mean to you?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I've been a member of this forum for many years, and I have seen the good the bad and yes even the ugly. However that has not changed the fact that I love this forum. So I'm wondering what dose this site mean to you? What is it that keeps you comming back?
What dose MC mean to you?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The community. The people. MC was the first truly friendly forum I had ever been a part of, and as such, it helped coax me out of my shell, because there were so many wonderful, kind, and friendly people here who thrived on making this place fan and enjoyable for everybody. Prior to MC, I had really only belonged to maybe three forums, two of which were really small and dedicated to just one show each, so there really wasn't much a community at either place; the other was the ToonZone forum, and the people there seem to strive to make other people feel like crap as much as possible, and I was always treated like a village idiot over there.

MC, however, has been a wonderful community to be a part of. As I've said many times before, even though I first joined in 2003, it really wasn't until 2005 that this place really began to thrive, and that's mostly attributed to That Announcer (wherever he is): he really got the joint jumpin', and as such, more and more of us were coming out of the woodwork and actually participating among the forum outside of just standard discussions of movies, shows, other Henson works, etc. We actually started interacting with each other and developing friendships and connections among the community.

As many have said before, MC is more than just a message forum, and it's more than just an online community, we really are like one, big, dysfunctional cyber family. That's something that I really appreciate about MC and that's really what keeps me coming back: in all honesty, I feel a lot closer to most of the people here than I do to most of the people I know in real life; you guys have been a great source of support for anything I've gone through over the years, and as somebody once pointed out years ago (I forget who), you guys have literally seen me grow up here - I was just fourteen when I joined, and I'm twenty-seven now . . . that's a long time to dedicate to a place like this.

JT Yorke

Reaction score
Well i did only join a month ago so i might not know the people here as good as others do but i love reading and talking with all of you. I can only be sad i didnt discover this place any earlier :smile:

And i hope only to get to know you guys better.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
There are a few forums out there that I'm much more fond of, but Muppet Central is one of the few where you can look at old posts and go, "Wow, I wonder what it was like to be a member back then?"

I love the way the forum looks as well, and I love reading through the new posts too. It's a great, friendly place that I'm glad to be a part of - even if I joined only less than a year ago! :smile:

gravy

Reaction score
Although I've only been here for 3 months, this is already my most visited website. I have never seen a forum where the people in it were this dedicated to their interests. This is absolutely one of the best forums on the internet in my opinion, in which I'm sure you can agree on.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I just really enjoy reading everyone's opinions and I enjoy the amount of different threads we have, not just on Muppet / Henson / Sesame Street. So many nice threads to read though. I have also felt like I made a few very good friends here over the years. :smile:

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
I love MC because it’s an environment where I can really express meself about things that have upset me or just made me feel slightly uneasy about something. I’ve been a member here for years, & I really regret not submitting more posts, but high school & college got in the way. But now I’ve returned for good! Thank you Muppet Central for always bein there!

Old Thunder

Reaction score
There are a few forums out there that I'm much more fond of, but Muppet Central is one of the few where you can look at old posts and go, "Wow, I wonder what it was like to be a member back then?"

I love the way the forum looks as well, and I love reading through the new posts too. It's a great, friendly place that I'm glad to be a part of - even if I joined only less than a year ago! :smile:
Update: This forum is now my life's blood. Please. I am dying and it is the only thing keeping me alive. Send me $1,000,000,000,000. In cash. You'll win a free copy of Reader's Digest and a trip to the gynaecologist. Hilfe.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Met some wonderful people and made/reconnected with new and old friends, met some nasty faces here but I choose not to let them ruin my experience here, but overall, it's a great place to talk about Muppet stuff and goof around on other non-muppet related stuff.