The Muppets are coming to Disney World's Liberty Square in a new attraction

snichols1973

Reaction score
:news: The Muppets are apparently coming to Liberty Square at the Magic Kingdom. The rather lengthy facade refurbishment of the Heritage House seems to have been for this new attraction which will have The Muppets teaching and interacting with guests concerning U.S. history. The Muppets characters, which were reportedly built in a collaboration between the Muppet Studios and Walt Disney Imagineering, will be appearing high above guests in the second story windows of Liberty Square.

wdwnt.com/blog/2016/06/breaking-the-muppets-are-coming-to-liberty-square-at-the-magic-kingdom-in-new-attraction/

Last edited:

Muppy

Reaction score
From the Disney Parks Blog ...

"Beginning this fall, the Muppets will be visiting Magic Kingdom Park, where they’ll take part in an all-new live show, “The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History.”

Sam Eagle, the fiercely patriotic American eagle who is forever trying to set a high moral standard for the Muppets, will join Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, The Great Gonzo and James Jefferson, town crier of Liberty Square, as they gather outside The Hall of Presidents to present historical tales in hysterical fashion as only they can. From the midnight ride of Paul Revere to the signing of the Declaration of Independence, the Muppets appear throughout the day to share with Guests, their own unique take on the founding fathers and the birth of the United States of America.

Featuring an original song and plenty of wacky Muppets humor, “The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History” will make its debut in October 2016."

Sounds great to me! Can't wait to check this out!

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Curious how they'll appear. Costume walk-arounds? Guest puppeteers? Animatronics? Animatronics based on the movements of the regular puppeteers?

Muppy

Reaction score
Curious how they'll appear. Costume walk-arounds? Guest puppeteers? Animatronics? Animatronics based on the movements of the regular puppeteers?
Real puppets I believe. It's unknown if they'll be lip syncing to a pre recorded track or if it's live, though.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
It's so weird to me they're putting the Muppets in an event at Magic Kingdom and opening the Pizza-Rizzo restaurant, but at the same time canceled the show. I'm obviously not complaining about the Disney World additions, they sound great, but it doesn't seem to add up with the show being cancelled.

goldenstate5

Reaction score
Real puppets I believe. It's unknown if they'll be lip syncing to a pre recorded track or if it's live, though.
From what I'm aware, a live actor is on the ground and the Muppets appear in windows above, popping out Laugh-In style. Live puppetry, but all pre-recorded audio. Still even though Kermit and others aren't live, it will still be really exciting to see the actual puppets in person, and this gets the characters into the most popular theme park in the world!

I have a trip in mid-October so hopefully performances will have started by then. I'm super excited about this.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
It's so weird to me they're putting the Muppets in an event at Magic Kingdom and opening the Pizza-Rizzo restaurant, but at the same time canceled the show. I'm obviously not complaining about the Disney World additions, they sound great, but it doesn't seem to add up with the show being cancelled.
Maybe they felt this theme park attraction was a better fit for the characters than the show was.

beaker

Reaction score
Whoah, I assumed it'd be early 90s full bodied costumes...actual puppets is so much more amazing.

And loving the Muppet restaurant coming. A shame theres not a hint of Muppety stuff anymore at Disneyland in California, but looks like they indeed have a permanent home in Orlando.....now if only we could one day get a Muppet ride!(even if it was just a kids ride)