Bob, Gordon, and Luis: FIRED!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Further irony, the Captain lost Sam Gibbon, Dave Connell, and Jon Stone who jumped ship to join the Street at its formation. 15 years later, Kevin Clash followed as well.
But Kevin Clash officially joined the show shortly after Captain Kangaroo was canceled.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not really just in, we've been discussing this already, and it sounds like SW is going to retain the castmembers, just not on the actual show, but rather, for public appearances and promotional events and such . . . unless they really are considering reversing their previous decisions to remove them from the show.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What about the talks that where going to happen in September? That Rosco talked about?

Censored

Reaction score
Hopefully they really are going to do the right thing, but it's wise to not take it solely on face value. They're already contradicting themselves left and right. First they say HBO had nothing to do with the decision and now they're saying it was ALL HBO's decision.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Where have they said it was HBO's decision?

I just want to make somethings clear here as to who is in charge:

JEFFERY DUNN is the Workshop's current CEO. BROWN JOHNSON is the show's creative director. From what I have read, most of the changes to the show this season came from Johnson. Dunn is responsible for the partnership with HBO, I believe, as he's said he's been trying to find alternate funding avenues (no pun intended) since he got there. There's no new "executive producer" as it's been said around here.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Where have they said it was HBO's decision?
In the link Colbynfriends shared, Bob was quoted as saying HBO got involved and let the castmembers go, save for Alan and Chris.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There appears to be a disconnect between sources and thoughts in these articles.

In the link Colbynfriends shared, Bob was quoted as saying HBO got involved and let the castmembers go, save for Alan and Chris.
This passage?

As of this season, I have completed my 45th season this year. And the show has gone under a major turnaround, going from an hour to a half-hour," the longtime castmember said. "HBO has gotten involved also, and they let all of the original cast members go, with the exception of Alan Muraoka — who is probably 20 years younger than the rest of us — and Chris Knowings, who is also young
Those are two separate things, hence the comma. He's not saying the latter happened because of the former. He's saying they're both changes made within the new season. He's listing things off, not claiming HBO had any influence.

"As reported by Variety
, PBS CEO Paula Kerger said Thursday that the casting decision had been made by HBO, and they were unaware until after it happened."

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/li...g-three-its-most-beloved-long-time-residents/
As if I'm surprised, Fox News is misquoting and misinterpreting. In the Variety article they link to, it says:

“As you know, Sesame Street is produced by Sesame Workshop, an independent production company,” PBS CEO Paula Kerger said Thursday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour. “The casting decision was made by them. We did not know about it beforehand. We found out about it after.”
HBO is not referenced at all except for noting the air schedules of the episodes.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Seems to me that there are two versions of this. One where it's all Sesame Workshops doing, but they deny it,and they and they also deny HBO'S involvement as well. Then there is the other version that it was both Sesame and HBO are involved. I say we just blame Disney (who has nothing at all to do with this ) and call it a day......