The Muppet Show Season 1-3 releasing 3/15/16

frogtownhollow

Reaction score
Has anyone bought the "new" season one release to see if it includes the omitted material?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That's a good thought, but I probably don't want to take that chance because of spending more money than I need to. We can always watch the cut scenes online or in the case of "You've Got a Friend" from the Vincent Price episode, TimeLife had that one taken care of.

Detritusarisen

Reaction score
As far as I can tell they're all the same. But if your gonna buy you might as well get the old release since it's cheaper. It's good that they're releasing it again as I have a feeling the original release will be out of stock soon.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Do they at least have advertisements from this year at the start of the DVDs so it can be confirmed they are new at all?

Binyah

Reaction score
I bought the 1st Season set, (the original). It was broken :frown:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Let's hope that these reissues of Seasons 1, 2 and 3 are an indication that they're getting even closer to finally being able to release Seasons 4 and 5 and that they're almost done clearing all the music copyrights and stuff. (Maybe these reissues will help Disney get even more of the money that they need in order to pay off the rights-holders/legal people.)

After all, it's not Disney's fault that Seasons 4 and 5 have been withheld from release because they do want to release them very, very badly. The only ones to blame for this are the stubborn rights-holders/legal people, the 2008 economic crash (which we are STILL recovering from) and the Republican Party. :mad:

rexcrk

Reaction score
So is there ANYthing substantially different about these random re-releases?

Detritusarisen

Reaction score
I just got a new copy of season 2, Instead of how the old ones come in the nice box, the new one comes in a cheaply made plastic case, which was broken when I received it, The rewards paper is replaced with a newer version and the discs come like the new Disney DVDs where it has a light gray cover with The Muppet Show and Disc (number) on them. I am very disappointed in the quality of the rerelease. :attitude:
Edit: It still has 4 discs, have not checked the trailers and have not looked to see if the ommited material is back as I just got it in the mail today.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
The economic crash happened in 2007, not 2008, and this isn't even a political issue, and political big wigs have absolutely nothing to do with this.
2008 IS when the crash occurred. And the political bigwigs have LOTS to do with it because the crash is all their fault. And the crash is what has forced major companies to cut back on such big spending. :mad: