Behold... the New Teen Titans Cartoon...

Duke Remington

Reaction score
The last part of the Island Adventures arc was REALLY epic! :smile:

Probably the show's best episode yet, as well as a great conclusion to the Island Adventures arc. :excited:

I'm not going to spoil it, so go watch it for yourselves if you haven't. :wink:

C to the J

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed there are some episodes named after little phrases/ideas that are mentioned but seldom have anything to do with the plots of the episodes (e.g. Hose Water, Oil Drums, I'm the Sauce)? This particular direction is a little odd if you ask me.

Whenever I hear the opening theme for the stranded-on-an-island episodes, I think of Mr. Messy from The Mr. Men Show because, you know, it's the voice of Peter Rida Michail, who, by the way, sang the first theme song for Yo-Kai Watch.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Really like how this episode went Truman show into a blaze of meta glory. Overall, I liked the arc, some things could have been pushed further, the Dinosaur episode at least paid off in this one nicely. I'm very pleased with how this event played out.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Really like how this episode went Truman show into a blaze of meta glory. Overall, I liked the arc, some things could have been pushed further, the Dinosaur episode at least paid off in this one nicely. I'm very pleased with how this event played out.
It was also cool seeing just about every TTG villain to date (perfect idea to have made the whole thing be a trap created by Control Freak) and the other secondary characters from the first four parts as well as the closing shot of a lot of the old school DC super villains... and a surprise by Slade.

mr3urious

Reaction score
These are the kinds of episodes they should be doing more of. If it's not Lady Legasus, it's Control Freak making this show more fun to watch. :smile:

Yeah, like maybe showing the ridiculously cheap voice casting budget that forces many of the villains into being silent. Really don't see why Billy Numerous and The Brain didn't speak here even though they re-cast them with Scott Menville.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, like maybe showing the ridiculously cheap voice casting budget that forces many of the villains into being silent. Really don't see why Billy Numerous and The Brain didn't speak here even though they re-cast them with Scott Menville.
Didn't have Blackfire speak either.

It's one of the cases where I really don't mind much, since it's supposed to be a melee anyway. I think they totally should do an episode about the villains not talking, just felt like it would have cluttered the episode up.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Didn't have Blackfire speak either.

It's one of the cases where I really don't mind much, since it's supposed to be a melee anyway. I think they totally should do an episode about the villains not talking, just felt like it would have cluttered the episode up.
At least they were able to have Alexander Polinsky voice Control Freak once again.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I noticed something.

Some of the weaker episodes early on in the series share writers from Breadwinners. Gorilla was written by one of the co-Creators of that series. Now, I don't want to do the whole "I don't exactly hate Breadwinners" complicated thing, but I really think any episode of that series written by the creators is why everyone hates that show. And, sidenote, when they have professional cartoon writers write Breadwinners, the show's actually enjoyable.

Though they also both had Amy Wolfram write episodes of both series, and she's one of the strongest TTG writers there is.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Mr. Enter just did an Admirable Animation on "TTG vs. PPG", and he brings up a lot of good points on why he thinks both shows don't work and how this crossover fixes most of those issues. Of course, I still disagree with him on the meta episodes like "Fourth Wall" and his upcoming review on "Finally a Lesson" as I find them to at least be more interesting than the typical TTG ep. where they just act like morons throughout the whole thing. Plus, at least the PPG16 writers aren't going out of their way to troll fans of the original unlike TTG.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Mr. Enter just did an Admirable Animation on "TTG vs. PPG", and he brings up a lot of good points on why he thinks both shows don't work and how this crossover fixes most of those issues. Of course, I still disagree with him on the meta episodes like "Fourth Wall" and his upcoming review on "Finally a Lesson" as I find them to at least be more interesting than the typical TTG ep. where they just act like morons throughout the whole thing. Plus, at least the PPG16 writers aren't going out of their way to troll fans of the original unlike TTG.

Sorry, but as usual, Mr. Enter is dead wrong because both shows DO work and are both great and funny shows that must be enjoyed for what they are. And the characters don't act like morons as much as you may think they do.

And the fact that he's wrong about the meta episodes only makes him all the more dislikable due to his lack of a sense of humor and his inability to take a joke. He obviously has 0 understanding of comedy and satire.

Sharing his content is only feeding a cyber bully who has brainwashed lots of people, has an equally awful fan base, has ridiculously high standards for cartoons (cartoons are not obligated to have morals, etc.), takes things way too seriously and has gone out of his to personally attack writers, creators, etc. and make death threats to them and brainwashed others into doing the same, etc. :mad:

Also, TTG has every right to go out of its way to troll fanboys, considering how volatile and crybabyish they get. And don't be surprised if PPG2016 were to go and do the same thing.

Last edited: