The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

DePingPong

Reaction score
Does anybody have an insert of Maria eating jalapenos in the park, and Kingston Livingston wanted to try one, but she was concerned that they'd be way too spicy for him to handle. I seem to recall after Maria caves in and lets him try one, he commenses into this cartoon reaction of steam coming out of his ears and tea kettle whistles as he spazzes out - though he liked it.
Here it is, as well as the other street scenes from that episode, the scene is at 7:23 in the video;

gravy

Reaction score
one is Cookie Monster screaming in front of Oscar's trashcan. I know it's from the second season, because Cookie's head looks small. And one involving a little girl and a gigantic green monster with a picket fence for teeth!
I know you posted that in 2009, but here's an update.

I made a gif of the cookie monster part just so people know how it looks and what to do if they can find it.

The picket fence monster video is here:

I, too, want to find out where the cookie monster one is from...

Akwairiyah

Reaction score
There is a Bert & Ernie sketch in which Ernie plays different riffs on his bugle. He startles Bert (who exclaims "ERNIE!!!) and at one point he says something about it sounding "sleepy"... It was on a DVD I borrowed from the library and I don't know which one. My son thinks it's hilarious and I must find it!

Akwairiyah

Reaction score
I have been searching all over for an old clip. It was live action and about ice fishing in Alaska. It had a young boy who went ice fishing with his dad, then they are shown eating the fish, and the kid says, "I really like fish". I have checked the classic clips on the SST Workshop website and youtube only to come up with nothing. It was such an insignificant clip, but it has been nagging at me since I realized I couldn't find it anywhere. I had quoted it at home, and my husband doesn't believe me that this clip exists, hence my trying so hard to find it. Does anybody remember this at all? (I am so hoping I did not dream this like my husband says, but my sister remembers it too!) Do you have any suggestions about where else I could look? Thanks for any help!
I remember it!

gravy

Reaction score
There is a Bert & Ernie sketch in which Ernie plays different riffs on his bugle. He startles Bert (who exclaims "ERNIE!!!) and at one point he says something about it sounding "sleepy"... It was on a DVD I borrowed from the library and I don't know which one. My son thinks it's hilarious and I must find it!
Was it a song?

Akwairiyah

Reaction score
Was it a song?
No, it wasn't a song. He scares Bert with the first riff and it escalates in classic Ernie fashion. I checked Muppet Wikia and could not find this sketch, although I found some other things I was wondering about.

SesameMike

Reaction score
I don't remember that particular scene, but it was consistent with how the writers were portraying Big Bird at the time.

One incident I DO remember from back then: one time everybody was going to take a trip to the beach, Big Bird included. So Susan and Gordon tell him to get a good night's sleep, they're leaving early the next morning. Big Bird worries if he'll be able to get up the next morning, so he stays up all night rigging his nest with various alarm clocks.

Morning comes, but Big Bird sleeps through all the alarm clocks going off, so they go to the beach without him. Poor Bird. Back then, his heart was in the right place, even if his brain wasn't.
I posted a description of that, or a similar scene. Likely season 5 or 6.
http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/old-street-scenes.22583/#post-441210

RowlfFan12

Reaction score
I wasn't sure if this was the right place to put this, but in a deleted scene from "I Am Big Bird", Caroll Spinney talks about a time when he was in front of the camera (he himself, not as Big Bird or Oscar) playing a traveling magician. I've been looking for this scene but I can't find it.

gravy

Reaction score
I wasn't sure if this was the right place to put this, but in a deleted scene from "I Am Big Bird", Caroll Spinney talks about a time when he was in front of the camera (he himself, not as Big Bird or Oscar) playing a traveling magician. I've been looking for this scene but I can't find it.
I looked on my ''I Am Big Bird'' DVD and I found nothing about a traveling magician.