August 14th Kermit the Frog tribute at Museum of Moving Image

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I went. It was a very nicely done compilation (edited by Stephanie D'Abruzzo). Nice variety of stuff shown. I really wish they had shown the full "Grover Knover" bit from Out to Lunch. They only played about a minute of it.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I went. It was a very nicely done compilation (edited by Stephanie D'Abruzzo). Nice variety of stuff shown. I really wish they had shown the full "Grover Knover" bit from Out to Lunch. They only played about a minute of it.
What clips were shown?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There was a lot of stuff; there was a series of montages involving Kermit in the different "eras" they formatted the compilation in (including a montage of various performances of "Bein' Green"). Even the more long form pieces they ran were cut short. If I remember correctly, the longer pieces included:
  • Sam and Friends: Huntly and Brinkley
  • A couple of Eskay commercials
  • The wedding from MTM
  • SS News: Jack Be Nimble
  • Forgetful's Oklahoma
  • A Christmas Wish (the John Denver special)
  • What Kind of Fool Am I?
  • Gonzo pre-records himself (JHH)
The show ended with a montage of Kermit throughout history set to "This Frog."

gravy

Reaction score
It was so fun! I got to meet Stephanie and Craig and get an autograph! They also sat behind me! I thought it was awesome. It included some scenes from Sam and Friends that you can't find online. They showed ''What kind of fool am I'' in color. You can only find that online in black and white. Craig said the Henson Exhibit does not have a date yet, but it will most likely open in the fall. There is an event there on Henson's birthday, but I forgot what it was.

It took 4 hours to get there and 4 hours to return home. It. Was. Worth it.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
It was so fun! I got to meet Stephanie and Craig and get an autograph! They also sat behind me! I thought it was awesome. It included some scenes from Sam and Friends that you can't find online. They showed ''What kind of fool am I'' in color. You can only find that online in black and white. Craig said the Henson Exhibit does not have a date yet, but it will most likely open in the fall. There is an event there on Henson's birthday, but I forgot what it was.

It took 4 hours to get there and 4 hours to return home. It. Was. Worth it.
What were the other Sam and Friends scenes like?

gravy

Reaction score
What were the other Sam and Friends scenes like?
There was one with Kermit talking to Harry about Wilson's certified bacon, and another with Kermit and some lady ALSO talking about bacon and how everybody loves bacon. Then Kermit said he knew someone who didn't like bacon and it goes on. There was another clip in the beginning and it showed up for a split second with Harry and Kermit talking about something about broadcasts and channels and stuff. Thats all and it continues with Clausen's bread commercials in color.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There were snippets of "A Horse Named Bill," "Visual Thinking," "Glo-Worm" (the original) and "Weather Warehouse."

gravy

Reaction score
There were snippets of "A Horse Named Bill," "Visual Thinking," "Glo-Worm" (the original) and "Weather Warehouse."
Yes. I think ''Weather Warehouse'' was the split-second one I was talking about. Here is a screencap from Muppet Wiki.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
There was one with Kermit talking to Harry about Wilson's certified bacon, and another with Kermit and some lady ALSO talking about bacon and how everybody loves bacon. Then Kermit said he knew someone who didn't like bacon and it goes on. There was another clip in the beginning and it showed up for a split second with Harry and Kermit talking about something about broadcasts and channels and stuff. Thats all and it continues with Clausen's bread commercials in color.
What happened in the Claussens ads?