Help Save British Fraggle Rock Episodes

ST1DS1

Reaction score
I don't think it was voluntary, Fulton Mackay passed away during production:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Fulton_MacKay
"MacKay died between the second and third season and was replaced by John Gordon Sinclair."
Also where was the clip posted? Could have been directly from the owner or another person's taped off of tv copy. I wish I knew why but I'm not really an expert. Just interested in lost media.
How did the episodes of Fraggle Rock go missing?

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Here is an article written a few years ago about it.
The Search for Fraggle Rock
"When TVS lost their licence in 1992, their back catalogue, and the documentation detailing it, was a victim of massive upheaval behind the scenes, resulting in only 12 episodes of the UK Fraggle Rock now officially remaining in the vaults."

anathema

Reaction score
I don't think it was voluntary, Fulton Mackay passed away during production:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Fulton_MacKay
"MacKay died between the second and third season and was replaced by John Gordon Sinclair."
Also where was the clip posted? Could have been directly from the owner or another person's taped off of tv copy. I wish I knew why but I'm not really an expert. Just interested in lost media.
There's a short clip from 'Beginnings' in the 'Down at Fraggle Rock' documentary - is that what you've seen?

Regarding posting of this - or any other episode - on YT, DailyMotion or anywhere else: neither I nor the people who have turned up recordings of these episodes are the copyright-holders of them, so please don't ask.

ST1DS1

Reaction score
There's a short clip from 'Beginnings' in the 'Down at Fraggle Rock' documentary - is that what you've seen?

Regarding posting of this - or any other episode - on YT, DailyMotion or anywhere else: neither I nor the people who have turned up recordings of these episodes are the copyright-holders of them, so please don't ask.
Do you think the Jim Henson Company are just going to let the BFI keep their copies of Fraggle Rock? I think they are.

TJ99

Reaction score
Just a quick question: who currently has the private recordings of other UK Fraggle Rock episodes?

TJ99

Reaction score
Recently I discovered a video on YouTube featuring lots of high quality UK Fraggle Rock clips.

The channel who uploaded it is Maidstone Studios which is a recording studio in the UK.

Is it possible they have high quality recordings of UK Fraggle Rock??

TJ99

Reaction score
I have actually emailed Maidstone Studios asking them to post some of those clips of Fraggle Rock on YouTube
Maidstone used to be TVS and if they've uploaded a video with high quality Fraggle Rock clips then that must mean they still have the master copies or high quality copies still in their archives. However, will they actually release these to the public? If they've already recently released what looks like a trailer sort of thing then maybe they're in the process of releasing them online?

Hopefully, they release all of the episodes onto YouTube and do that thing where you buy them as a series on there. Just hoping they actually do.

anathema

Reaction score
The clips in that video were assembled a long time ago. Maidstone do not have the episodes.