The Wander over Yonder Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm guessing both of those scenes were cut for time and pacing reasons. The 1st scene does seem to run on a little long to me.

Loved when Wander tried to play his banjo with only one hand in the 2nd scene, though. :smile:

C to the J

Reaction score
The petition has over 35,000 now, and the number continues to rise. And believe it or else, the voice of Mojo Jojo himself, Roger L. Jackson, praises the show and even suggested putting it on home video. Check his Twitter account.

We've got to let other people know just how special Wander Over Yonder really is. Just think, when Craig McCracken pitches his next show in February, the Disney people just might ask him if he wants to finish WOY in his intended way first.

C to the J

Reaction score
Remember when I mentioned a video with a booth that asks you to choose between a treat and Wander's hat? Somebody was able to upload two of them. Turns out they're promo videos. My memory of the details was pretty fuzzy. Only the guests who took the challenge wore the hats.

You can even hear Hater talking about the people making their choice. The background doesn't look anything like something you'd see at a Disney park, though. And there's more than one musician - one of them has a washboard.

You'd think a lot of people would spread the word about the show after experiencing something like this in public.

What I don't get is that Disney stated that 80 episodes are enough. That's downright ridiculous! They let some shows like Fish Hooks go way beyond 80 and end at the right time regardless of a lack of merchandising.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What I don't get is that Disney stated that 80 episodes are enough. That's downright ridiculous! They let some shows like Fish Hooks go way beyond 80 and end at the right time regardless of a lack of merchandising.
Disney has been pulling production caps for years. Let's not forget that Darkwing Duck ended with a mediocre episode about being frozen in amber. Or rather Dinosaur Pancake Syrup.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Disney has been pulling production caps for years. Let's not forget that Darkwing Duck ended with a mediocre episode about being frozen in amber. Or rather Dinosaur Pancake Syrup.
Also, remember when Disney Channel had that 65 episode limit for both their animated and live action shows? It didn't matter how popular the show was, it always ended after 65 episodes. Lizzie MCGuire, 'Even Stevens', "Lilo & Stitch:The Series", 'The Proud Family', "Kim Possible" (the first time it ended).

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That said, there's a clear reason why Fish Hooks went on as long as it did. Disney somehow loves the barely talented cartoonist behind it. That's the only reason we got Pickle and Peanut.

C to the J

Reaction score
Wander only got a total of 43 half hours, so there's plenty of room left, if we consider 65 to be the maximum number of half hours, that is.

And let's not forget the 11 shorts that sit between seasons 1 and 2.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This just totally honked me off.

So Funko made Pickle and Peanut vinyl figures.

The show no one really likes got merchandise and WOY which has a sizable fanbase didn't get squat.

yeah. That's fair.

C to the J

Reaction score
Wow, Funko. Ignoring such a clever show for which many people have tons of respect? That's just cold.

I always thought something with the 'Disney appeal' would be worthy of merchandising. And I doubt Noah Z. Jones's latest show has that appeal. I saw only two or three episodes and I was like, "Eh, I'm not sure about this."

I think there was a time when you could personalize items with WOY illustrations on the Disney Store Web site.

So it's come down to this: unless we pull together, embracing the support for one more season with our actions, lots of fans will be left wondering what could've happenned next. And perhaps theyll come up with their own stories because Craig and the crew will never reveal anything if they don't get that third season.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You'd think that a collector's toy company could read the room better and go with a show that has a loyal enough fanbase rather than a series that'd would be polarizing had more people spoken positively about it. And I don't just mean Wander. They certainly could have had Star Butterfly or Gravity Falls (the most popular of the bunch). Maybe if they wanted to be ambitious, Penn Zero.

Even the responses on this video agree...

Though...I hate to admit they actually look good and I don't hate the show nearly enough to actually not kinda want these based on the merits of how well the toys came out. But really?! I get the feeling they could have approached Disney about any of the shows, but Disney only gave them the rights to that.

And it's not like Wander et al couldn't have been a line of Pop figures either. They have newly released Duck Dodgers ones, and that show was over a decade ago.