Halloween is just around the corner

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hobby Lobby usually already has Thanksgiving decor on shelves even before Memorial Day.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Mom and I went into a craft store earlier this month and saw TONS of Halloween stuff. There were skeletons, witches, jack o lanterns, you name it. It made me roll my eyes and think,
"Man, people get into the Halloween spirit EARLY!?".
When me and my dad were at a local supermarket a couple months ago, there was already Halloween candy out.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This year my Mom was the one suggesting we put Fall decorations up early. Even I, the Holiday Freak, was stunned, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
See, the candy doesn't make any sense: I mean, wouldn't that stuff go bad sitting out for months before you give it out to kids?

Drtooth

Reaction score
See, the candy doesn't make any sense: I mean, wouldn't that stuff go bad sitting out for months before you give it out to kids?
mr3uious is right! You ever read the expiration dates on those things? Technically you can buy them now for next year and they'll still be good by then. I have candy that doesn't expire until at least 2018, and it looks like it was on the shelves a while.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Mom and I went into a craft store earlier this month and saw TONS of Halloween stuff. There were skeletons, witches, jack o lanterns, you name it. It made me roll my eyes and think,
"Man, people get into the Halloween spirit EARLY!?".
It's not people getting into the spirit early, it's the retailers' doing. They have to push so much product out the door within a certain time frame. So you see stuff for holidays months away.

Even before July 4, they're pushing Back To School. If I was still a student, I'd be " What's this? I just got OUT!! Now you want to remind me how fast summer will fly by?"

Pushing Christmas right now seems ridiculous, especially since here the leaves haven't even changed yet. But it's on their timetable.

But October 1 to the 31, that's just a big enough window for Halloween. Plenty of time to get your act together.

Not sure what the big costume will be coming to my door this year. If I had a nickel for every Princess I saw last year I'd be sending you a postcard from Hawaii.

Actually, if I see a few Judy's and Nick's, I'll be smiling.

On the subject of costumes, come to think of it...
Bugs Bunny. They make costumes for kids and adults, but on a lot of them, your face is exposed, but Bugs' smiling face is sitting on top of your head. It looks like your ugly mug is sticking out of Bugs' throat!
That defeats the whole purpose of the costume. If you were cosplaying like that, they'd laugh you out of the convention.