Sesame Street Season 46 begins on PBS Monday September 12, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wait, I think I see now what he's saying: he's saying that people who have PBS presumably don't have access to HBO or even the internet, and are out of the loop about all of the changes made to SST in terms of the format, sets, and cast turnover and such, and will probably be in shock over what they see because they had no idea beforehand about any of it.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I understood that. I don't think there will be much outrage over it. I doubt any kids will miss Abby's Flying Fairy School and they'll most definitely like that EW is there, unfortunately.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wait, I think I see now what he's saying: he's saying that people who have PBS presumably don't have access to HBO or even the internet, and are out of the loop about all of the changes made to SST in terms of the format, sets, and cast turnover and such, and will probably be in shock over what they see because they had no idea beforehand about any of it.
I'm sure those who actually were that out of the loop that they wouldn't know any of changes. I'd assume they'd also be surprised the show is still on PBS, which was an important part of the deal. You know, because when news is on the internet, if it's longer than a headline and an emoji, the heck with getting to the details.

I understood that. I don't think there will be much outrage over it. I doubt any kids will miss Abby's Flying Fairy School and they'll most definitely like that EW is there, unfortunately.
I'm sure their parents were the ones that whined about ETM being its replacement. Even though the only reason it's there is because its cheap filler. Really sucks they painted themselves that much into a corner that the older viewers come to expect an Elmo bit at the end, ruining the half hour runtime. Still, they have plenty of new audience members who don't care or even know about Elmo's ownage of the latter quarter of the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
By keep their word I assume you mean about Gordon, Luis and Bob? If that's the case, I should warn you, the only classic cast member that makes an appearance is Gordon, and he only has one very short cameo.
If it's a matter of "keeping their word" on keeping those cast members around, that's going to be at least 2 seasons from now as at least most of season 47 has already been shot.

Censored

Reaction score
If it's a matter of "keeping their word" on keeping those cast members around, that's going to be at least 2 seasons from now as at least most of season 47 has already been shot.

Those are the new shows I was referring to. After 2 seasons, it could be very easy to "forget" the promise to hire them back. We need to make sure the issue stays in focus. It's 100 times more important than any "lost sketches" or what muppets are going to continue to be featured.

Status
Not open for further replies.