New Fraggle Merchandise in 2017?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I hope they make Mokey, Traveling Matt, and Sprocket in plushes but, I will likely pick these up since I have barely any Fraggle Rock merchandise.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Looks most like they're going to be our favorite kind of merchandising.

Yep.

Carnival/crane machine plush that are impossible to win and don't look too good.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I will agree that most carny prizes do not look good but, the Nanco Sesame & Fraggle plushes look good. I think it's a step in the right direction for people that didn't pickup any of the Fraggle plushes from before. Like me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
First off, it sucks that Fraggle Rock isn't mainstream enough to get some solid, reasonably priced merchandising in mainstream store shelves. We haven't seen that since the Sababa Toys line, as the Manhattan line was only available for online sales and those insufferable indie owned toy stores that mostly have those awful wooden toys they think kids like. Even if they were blind box, I'm disappointed we never got that FR toyline that was proposed several years back.

Secondly, it's not so much if the game prize toys are of quality and look good, they're still things you need thousands of tickets at an arcade to get. And that will always be the easiest option as far as rigged carny games and claw machines are concerned. These things will never be available for retail sales, which is the bottom line. For years only the Nanco plush of Pepe and Rizzo were the only ones available until the Disney Store released not nearly enough of them to go around. While there have always been some Fraggle Rock option, and it's probably easier (and considering how many tickets, sadly relatively cheaper) to track down previous ones online, that are hopefully in good enough condition.

Foodie

Reaction score
They could look good. I mean, they've gotta make it look somewhat desirable if they want people to try to win them. :smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Except the only ones who win them are those professional arcade gamers that make a living out of actually finding skill in the luck of the draw games and then sell everything they won cheap for actual retail value on e-bay.

That and I swear that someone pays people to walk around arcades and carnivals with the largest plush thingy they have to prove the games aren't rigged.

Why can't we have some good retail merchandise that we can buy for money and not throw to a middle man and a middle middle man? Games to win tickets aren't exactly fun.

Foodie

Reaction score
Except the only ones who win them are those professional arcade gamers that make a living out of actually finding skill in the luck of the draw games and then sell everything they won cheap for actual retail value on e-bay.

That and I swear that someone pays people to walk around arcades and carnivals with the largest plush thingy they have to prove the games aren't rigged.

Why can't we have some good retail merchandise that we can buy for money and not throw to a middle man and a middle middle man? Games to win tickets aren't exactly fun.

So... with all that said, and I don't mean to be a jerk but... is someone paying you guys to jump the gun on all of this? I mean, ...well, some of you seem to be jumping the gun. They haven't even shown pictures yet... unless they have & I haven't seen 'em yet. Couldn't you just be like " Ooh! New fraggle stuff! " ? Just a thought. :smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd be more "Oooh New Fraggle Stuff" if it was Fraggle Stuff you could walk into a store and directly exchange money for. I never liked the concept of "Not available for Retail Sale" plush toys that are in rigged claw machines or rigged carny games. I remember trying in vain to win a Heathcliff plush well over a decade ago because you can't just walk into Toys R Us and say "Hey! I'd like to purchase that thing that predated Garfield that Garfield totally overshadowed who's cartoon people only remember for the better back up cartoon."

I don't care if these are really good or bad looking. My issue is that I just don't want to get excited for something that I'd likely find buried under a bunch of generic, ugly looking plush animals and knock off Tsum Tsums. And trust me, that's exactly how I always see these licensed crane game plush. At the bottom where you can't win them. The fact that a couple years back I saw a Mega Man in the same state broke me.

Do not get me wrong. I'm happy we're getting some Fraggle something, I just wish it was something easier to access.

Foodie

Reaction score
I'd be more "Oooh New Fraggle Stuff" if it was Fraggle Stuff you could walk into a store and directly exchange money for. I never liked the concept of "Not available for Retail Sale" plush toys that are in rigged claw machines or rigged carny games. I remember trying in vain to win a Heathcliff plush well over a decade ago because you can't just walk into Toys R Us and say "Hey! I'd like to purchase that thing that predated Garfield that Garfield totally overshadowed who's cartoon people only remember for the better back up cartoon."

I don't care if these are really good or bad looking. My issue is that I just don't want to get excited for something that I'd likely find buried under a bunch of generic, ugly looking plush animals and knock off Tsum Tsums. And trust me, that's exactly how I always see these licensed crane game plush. At the bottom where you can't win them. The fact that a couple years back I saw a Mega Man in the same state broke me.

Do not get me wrong. I'm happy we're getting some Fraggle something, I just wish it was something easier to access.

Ah! I got ya. I do know that at the Barnes & Noble next door to me, they have the Manhattan plush Gobo, Wembley & Red. I've had them for a few years now & got them on line but it is really amazing to actually see them at a store. I used to dream about that sort of thing like... 20 something years ago. :smirk:

With the Nanco fraggles... and some of the lesser quality ones, I just bought them from eBay. Hopefully these new ones will be available there. I've actually never seen any of them in a claw machine yet... which is probably a good thing because I'd have to set them free. :coy: