Muppets Tarot Deck

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, and to think they made :mad: as the Queen of Hearts into a minor character just to have Marvin Suggs as the Judge in that episode. Another obscure suggestion, Creepy McBoo from the Muppet Show comics as the Magician? I'm thinking about him to complete my magic show trio for my own personal pet project, but I can't decide if I'd want him or Murray the Mediocre in the role of The Great Nineteeny instead. Decisions. :confused:

maiafire

Reaction score
Oooh I haven't read the comics yet so I'm not familiar with that character. I'll have to investigate - thanks for the suggestion!
The cards I've been struggling with (if I go solely with Muppet Show etc characters) is the Queens. Not many female characters that seem to fit them unfortunately.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Pfeh, are you kidding? Miss Piggy, Annie Sue, Spamela Hamderson, Miss Poogy, Mildred Huxtetter, Hilda the Wardrobe Lady, Gladys the Cafeteria Lady, Vicki (Jim Henson Hour), Zondra, Darci, Camilla, Janice, Dolores the Trumpet Girl, Zelda Rose, Foo-Foo, Jill the Frog (TMTM), Skeeter (all grown-up in the Family Reunion issues and puppet made by our own Slackbot), Svengali's Assistant... I think this proves a point, whatever it was.

maiafire

Reaction score
Haha lots of awesome characters but not many that fit the Queen cards. Miss Piggy, Camilla and Janice are the big 3 and will all be in the Major cards. I'm tempted to use Alice Otter as one of the Queens but thats breaking my own rule Haha

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, you could use the lady pigs as your four queens: Annie Sue, Lydia the Tattooed Lady, Miss Poogy, and Spamela Hamderson.
Annie Sue got a returning cameo in MMW during the Kristoph Waltz Waltz number. Spamela was in the wedding seating crowd. Poogy's been in both new movies, she showed up in the gulag. And Lydia danced with Kermit and got featured in the Muppet Character Encyclopedia which is on sale at most bookstores now.

Alice Otter falls into the JHC other productions category, at least that's how she's listed in the Muppet Mindset's Weekly Muppet Wednesday index.

Just a few suggestions, it's ultimately up to your own choice who you end up casting in each role.

maiafire

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for your suggestions. I'm sure I will be casting and re-casting the cards over and over again before I start :smile:

ISNorden

Reaction score
Hmmm. Wonder what a more Sesame-specific deck might look like? I did a Google search for "Sesame Street Tarot" but didn't find more than a few individual fan-drawn cards. So far, these ideas come to mind --

Fool: Ernie (crazy logic, always off on his own adventures) with a laundry basket full of everything BUT clothes
Magician: The Amazing Mumford
High Priestess: Prairie Dawn (the "oldest" Muppet girl in the cast, directing all those pageants)
Empress: Susan (mother-figure since Episode 1)
Emperor: Gordon (for obvious reasons)
Hierophant: Kermit with an AM assistant or two (thinking of all those lectures...)
Lovers: Luis and Maria's wedding scene
Chariot: The Zoemobile driven by its namesake Muppet
Strength: Herry Monster, feeding dog treats to Barkley.
Hermit: Oscar the Grouch, flashlight in hand, trudging through a swamp.
Wheel of Fortune: Guy Smiley spinning the wheel as four contestants watch.
Justice: ? (I'm lost here.)
Hanged Man: ? (Likewise.)
Death: Big Bird looking mournfully at Mr. Hooper's portrait.
Temperance: Bert putting just the right amounts of milk and raisins on his oatmeal
Devil: Cookie Monster's "nightmare in the bakery" scene.
Tower: A block tower collapsing, with two Twiddlebugs trying to fly away from the wreckage
Star: Abby Cadabby, wand sparkling with starbursts, ready to grant her friends' wishes
Moon: Count von Count's castle on a moonlit night, with a cloud of bats overhead
Sun: Elmo riding his trike through a park
Judgement: ? (Hard to find a suitable cast member, Muppet or human!)
World: Forty-odd years' worth of Sesame Street cast, past and present, assembled in front of the 123 building

Last edited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
How about these...

Justice: The Two-Headed Monster simultaneously sharing and pulling away the pillow between both its heads.

Hanged Man: Mr. Johnson in a bedraggled state bound by some unknown tether to his usual table at Charlie's with Waiter Grover pulling the rope.

Judgment: Herbert Birdsfoot, gavel in hand, so he may impart a lecture of his own.

Hope these help. :jim:

ISNorden

Reaction score
How about these...

Justice: The Two-Headed Monster simultaneously sharing and pulling away the pillow between both its heads.

Hanged Man: Mr. Johnson in a bedraggled state bound by some unknown tether to his usual table at Charlie's with Waiter Grover pulling the rope.

Judgment: Herbert Birdsfoot, gavel in hand, so he may impart a lecture of his own.

Hope these help. :jim:
My cleaned-up list of ideas...

https://www.facebook.com/notes/ingeborg-nordén/silly-idea-the-sesame-street-tarot/1196276320393291