Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

Rtec1

Reaction score
Has anyone found these in the UK yet?

beaker

Reaction score
Haven't been so excited to get a big ol box on my door step in some time! So glad Big Bad Toy Store had some of these left. What can I say, I love all the insane little details. Beaker is of course my fave, aka "Buff Beaker". Bunsen of course is super groovy. Only complaint there is I wish there had been a little table included to put the lab stuff on.
Animal, so rad to have a full drum kit. And Animal looks pumped as ever, like he was at the height of his mania at the Outside Lands fest gig.

Statler and Waldorf...so genius to have them come with not just any mini playset...but THE balcony. The possibilities of fun pictures with this is endless. You can pretty much have any action figures and playset with the balcony and its great. Old school He-man and Castle Grey Skull. Marvel Avengers, ect.
My only gripe is Statler seems like a giant compared to the rest of wave 1 and 2, not sure about the scale there but again a minor complaint.

Only actual complaint isn't with the toys, it's that the packaging was torturous murder to open(the little twisty things), but in the interest in figural integrity it's not a bad thing. Seriously, we just got Statler and Waldorf with their balcony, something never realized with Palisades.

So can't wait for November/December for Wave 3!

beaker

Reaction score
So I had some breakage with the second wave of muppets :embarrassed:
The right leg of Beaker snapped at the waist joint. After looking at it realized the hip joint of the right leg and upper thought swivel seemed to be stuck. Luckily diamond has Great customer service :smile:
No need to return if ya know what you're doing, I found. I accidentally snapped off Statler's leg, which is impossible to put back into the unique groove...but! you simply take a pair of small closed scissors, gently bend the curved leg hole notch, and it pops right back in with no damage.

beaker

Reaction score
I'm just hoping if Diamond does a Clifford figure, it's the shades wearing version.
Yess! So hoping they eventually begin to do post Muppet show characters. They had a little pack in Bean Bunny, so I can see them doing Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight. My dream is to someday have a Big Mean Carl figure or plush. And Digit, but that'd have to be in like wave 27 or something :stick_out_tongue:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Yess! So hoping they eventually begin to do post Muppet show characters. They had a little pack in Bean Bunny, so I can see them doing Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight. My dream is to someday have a Big Mean Carl figure or plush. And Digit, but that'd have to be in like wave 27 or something :stick_out_tongue:
Chip! Chip! Chip! Chip!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-081716a.htm
Michael Crawford reviews Series 2 like every one else I wish B&B came with a table.
Palisades Series One Scooter was not facially accurate at all, and Beaker's ratios are actually proportional to the full body poser. While Palisades set the bar for such great quality, some of their designs are seen as canon when they're not. I love this fella's reviews, but I guess not every fan is a true fanatic:wink: And to be fair, there's what is right and what seems right. Sometimes it's best to find a medium between the two. A lot of collectors just know the figures that came before. Palisades actually invented much because source is scarce. In some cases, we reinvented things because Henson and Disney thought that way looked better. I worked on Usher Scooter and Super Beaker with them back in the day and I'm proud of that work with them.

As far as this review, I guess it's a good one. It's just a little irksome as a fanatic when a critic isn't quite accurate. :stick_out_tongue: