The breakfast cereal thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Biscuit also means a rock hard, meat flavored cracker thing for dogs to chew on as well. Means a lot of things, really.
Over in England, biscuit can also mean "cookie", particularly a shortbread kind, but also "biscuit barrel" was very loose slang for "toilet". How the Brits pulled that one, is anybody's guess.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah..."bend a biscuit" can also mean... yeah... get why it's also a word for toilet.

But for the sake of cereal, Mini-wheats are called "biscuits" depending on the cereal brand.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How long has pots of gold been replaced by hour glasses in Lucky Charms?

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's that time of year again for the General Mills monster cereals.

Have to admit, I'm not quite as excited as I was in recent years due to GM's other bat based cereal blowing me away.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'll still hoard Frankenberry when I start seeing it in stores.

And by "stores," I mean Walmart, because they're the only ones that carry the monster cereals anymore.

Then again, are certain brand-name cereals starting to disappear from the grocery stores in your regions? The strawberry frosted mini wheats have been gone from our shelves for months now, and now I see Vanilla Chex is gone too . . . but you can still find them at Walmart. Same with certain flavors of pop-tarts as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Then again, are certain brand-name cereals starting to disappear from the grocery stores in your regions? The strawberry frosted mini wheats have been gone from our shelves for months now, and now I see Vanilla Chex is gone too . . . but you can still find them at Walmart. Same with certain flavors of pop-tarts as well.
A local super market chain stopped carrying the Batman V Superman cereals a couple months back, but they've been restocked in certain Targets near me. I only found that Capn Crunch Orange Creme cereal at a Shaws that was intent on getting rid of them. Certain cereals I only see in certain markets. I don't really pay much attention to some of them. The TMNT one I only seen at Market Basket and briefly at Wegmans. And perhaps the most annoying, I only found the GM cereals with Secret Life of Pets prizes in them at Target, and only at 2 specific ones, and only one had it in a cereal besides Lucky Charms.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
How long has pots of gold been replaced by hour glasses in Lucky Charms?

According to the Lucky Charms Wiki, the hourglass charms replaced the pots of gold in 2008, so that'd be eight years now since the change.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I only found that Capn Crunch Orange Creme cereal at a Shaws that was intent on getting rid of them.
I didn't even know there was an orange cream Capn Crunch. :embarrassed:

Funnily enough, I remember Walmart still had Oreo-O's for quite a while before they disappeared forever. And of course, they always had Berry Berry Kix when no one else did, but again, ever since they changed that stuff to essentially lightly fruit-flavor dusted regular Kix, it's terrible, which is why I hoard Frankenberry when it comes out since it tastes like what Berry Berry Kix used to taste like and with marshmallows.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I think the Powerpuff Girls had one of the most accurate parodies ever. If I didn't know what it was from, I might actually think it was a real cereal commercial:

Censored

Reaction score
Think the monster cereals are obscure? Check out these: