Worst/creepiest puppets/puppeteer work

WereFox

Reaction score
I'd like to turn your attention to an $8,000+ Kickstarter project from 2012 that was an attempt to compile a DVD out of their preschool show that's supposed to teach love, acceptance, and diversity (and I use those terms very loosely here). What is that show, you may ask? Why, Wee Bee World, of course!

https://www.youtube.com/user/weebeeworldvideos/videos

And here is a summary of the show for those who don't wish to go insane watching it themselves!

And how well did this project go over?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/722153803/create-an-educational-dvd-for-toddlers

- 7 backers
- $5,280 pledged of $8,250 goal

I think some appropriate music is needed.

Some wierd creepy puppets :stick_out_tongue:

Woah! 0_0 Btw, welcome to Muppet Central!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Looks like the Cookie Bear became more of a psychopath over time.

An Independence Day parody:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Somehow, that doesn't bother me in the least. In fact, it looks like if Sid & Marty Krofft were trying to give their full-bodied characters more of a Muppety vibe . . . but then again, we all know how that turned out when they created Mr. Munchy (who now has, surprisingly, become something of a Krofft Ensemble Darkhorse):

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me then. It must be because of the grainy, dark looking footage. It's like there's some weird law that everything back then in foreign countries had to look as grainy as possible. Still, if the commercial was trying to be cute, it's not really, and ads a level of uncomfortably strangeness to the concept. Had these been smaller puppets, maybe.

Then again, that Japanese Flintstones commercial where they're animated poorly that I showed a while back creeped me the heck out when I saw them earlier this year. Then again, it was on a big screen in a darkened room at like 11:00 at night. Rest assured I didn't sleep easily that night.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Back to Mr. Munchy, puppeteer Van Snowden provided somebody with some bloopers from Barbara Mandrell's variety show, and I have to say, I'm very certain this will only end up being fetish fuel for some sickies out there:

Drtooth

Reaction score
For the most part, I can totally take Spitting Image's uncanny valley puppets, but this Cher parody manages to get kinda disturbing near the end with an effect to make her look like her face is being stretched out. And yes, the son'g about her getting plastic surgery.

Huh.

Didn't realize it was the thumbnail too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I . . . I actually don't know what made me think of this again, but . . . :sigh:

So, almost ten years ago, I found this Film School 101 production on YouTube called WONDERBANG ISLAND. Now, this was supposed to be an homage to H.R. PUFNSTUF, with a "what-if" scenario involving Jimmy having grown up on the island and becoming fed up with all of the zaniness around him. Now . . . ehh . . . the characters and the suits and all are actually rather well-done for a no-budget film school project, and the scenery and everything is very much Krofft-like, so I give it A for effort for that . . . but the story . . . the story is just so . . . it's so disturbing and kind of dark, that it makes the whole film seem all the more creepy when factoring the Krofft-like atmosphere into the equation, which somehow doesn't even help the story.

So, if you think you can stomach it, here it is - and IMHO, part 1 starts off okay, parts 2 and 3 get darker and more disturbing, and part 4 is just downright depressing. Oh, and caution: there's a couple of racist caricature characters, a strongly implied rape scene, a tries-to-be-graphic depiction of a diseased baby dying, and defacation. . . . All wrapped in a Krofft homage: