Sesame Street Season 48 Fanfic

jonas92

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I plan to create a Season 48 fanfic. Here's what will be included in my fanfic.

-Around the Corner is back!!! It will be mostly similar to what it was in the 90's except that the bike shop will now be located there. It will be where Oscar's newsstand was. As a result, Ruthie, Celina, and Carlo will all return. Carlo will now own the bike shop. Ruthie will own "Finders Keepers" just like she did previously, and Celina will run the dance studio just like before. Other "ATC" characters will return as well including the Furry Arms crew and the Squirrelles. Nina will run the "ATC" daycare.

-The Laundromat will revert back to the Fix-it Shop. Because Luis and Maria got divorced and Maria moved back to Puerto Rico afterwards, Luis hires a new assistant. He is a teenager named Peter, and he is someone that many girls would find to be attractive.

-The show will revert back to the commercial format and a ton of the classic sketches will be shown. There will be some new sketches, but most of the sketches will be the classic ones we all love.

-There will be a new "Number of the Day" segment with The Count, and a new segment with Ernie. There will be no "Letter of the Day" segment, unfortunately, because one, I've always been more of a numbers guy than a letters guy, and two, Sesame Street doesn't really have a character that's into letters and spelling, but one of the street stories will have The Count's sister visiting, and she's into letters. There will still be a "Letter of the Day" each episode. I thought about getting rid of it but decided not to as it would include getting rid of some great sketches that relate to the letter of the day like the typewriter, Alphaquest, the candles, the planets, the airplanes forming letters out of clouds, choir chanting the letter, and many more.

-Julia, the muppet girl with autism will become a major character. Her voice will be provided by Stephanie D'Abruzzo.

-Cookie Monster will sing a revived version of "C is for Cookie". Just like the previous versions, there will be a backing choir, except this time around, the choir will be a lot bigger, and it will be expanded to include non-monster characters like Big Bird, Abby, Ernie, Bert, The Count, and even the human cast. And, when Cookie Monster gets to the final verse of the song, the choir will really break out in harmony as they will be singing like 5 different parts. Also, they'll be singing 2-3 different parts when Cookie Monster is talking about what different things look like the letter "C" like a cookie with one bite. Also, unlike the previous versions, everyone in the choir will come together and sing the final "Cookie, Cookie, Cookie starts with C" with Cookie Monster.

Those are some things to expect for my Season 48 fanfic.

Sadly, what will happen in my fanfic won't happen in reality because there's no way they're bringing back "ATC".

jonas92

Reaction score
Hey all, I thought I'd start things off by sharing one new insert for my fanfic. It will star Prairie Dawn. But before I share that, I thought I'd give some more info about the season as a whole.

-Gina's adoptive son, Marco, will have his role expanded. He will even make some appearances without Gina, and he will be one of a quartet of four kids often seen together. Those four kids will make up the kid cast for Season 48.

-Frank Oz will resume as the main role for Bert, Grover, and Cookie Monster. Eric Jacobson and David Rudman will still play these characters on occasion. The actors for the other muppets will remain the same.

Season 48 will feature a core muppet cast as well, but it will be expanded to 11 muppets. Here's who will make up the core muppet cast:
Abby Caddaby
Bert
Big Bird
Cookie Monster
Count von Count
Ernie
Grover
Julia
Oscar the Grouch
Prairie Dawn
Zoe

Don't worry, other muppets like Snuffy, Rosita, Telly, Baby Bear, and especially Elmo will make appearances in Season 48 as well. The only muppet that will be dropped is Murray.

The adult human cast will consist of:
Alan
Bob
Carlo
Celina
Chris
Gina
Gordon
Luis
Nina
Peter (He's a fanfic character, the post above explains more about him.)
Ruthie
Susan

And like I mentioned, the kid cast will be Marco and his friends.

In the insert with Prairie Dawn, two French guys who met at a train station from the fact that they did an improvisation piano duet, will come by, and they will play their improvisation masterpiece for Prairie, and the other Sesame Street characters will hear them and come over and hear them play.

It's unknown which episode this insert will debut, but I plan on having it be the first thing I write for the Season 48 fanfic. The script for the insert will be coming soon.

Also, the Season 48 fanfic premiere will be titled "The Return of Around the Corner", and Big Bird and Abby will be the main muppets in that street story. Big Bird will start off by announcing that "Around the Corner" is back and he'll give the on-screen reason to why it was gone for a while. Then, Abby will arrive and Big Bird will take her "around the corner" for the first time, and introduce her to all the "Around the Corner" folks (Celina, Ruthie, etc) The letter of the day will be "H", and the number of the day will be "15".

jonas92

Reaction score
Here are what the three sketches are going to be for the letter of the day, "H", for the Season 48 premiere.

1. Clubhouse
2. Sand
3. New Sketch.

Up next will be the number of the day sketches, I've picked for the premiere. The number of the day will be "15".

jonas92

Reaction score
Here are the five sketches for the number of the day which is "15". After the Count's number of the day segment, the sketches that follow will be the ladybugs, then the rap. Then later in the episode, the sketches will be "It's Hard Being 15", the trucks, and the mural painting.

gravy

Reaction score
-The Laundromat will revert back to the Fix-it Shop. Because Luis and Maria got divorced and Maria moved back to Puerto Rico afterwards, Luis hires a new assistant. He is a teenager named Peter, and he is someone that many girls would find to be attractive.
Whoa! That's not very satisfying.