Commercial rant time...

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Indeed. If this went under the radar, no one would have known about it or even cared. But the internet being the internet found something to be offended by and gave them national attention. If something like this is so horrible and tasteless, the best way to react to it is by not reacting to it.
Indeed that is true, but i'd say it's okay to share this particular commercial around because, like I said before, the store has closed it's doors.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What I want to know is . . . why are we still obsessing over 9-11? I get it was a national tragedy and a lot of innocent people lost their lives that day from a terrorist attack that led us to a never-ending war in the middle east, but it almost feels like some people (and by some, I mean mostly the far right) are actually proud of it. Greg Proops even mentioned this in his stand-up act once when he was riffing about Bush, saying, "he is proud of the biggest ****-up in the history of ****." With all the tragedies that have gone down in the history of our world, it just seems like so many people fall back on 9-11 like it's a cherished memory the way grizzled old war veterans look back on their battlefield conquests. I'm not saying we shouldn't forget or ignore that it happened, I'm just saying . . . why must we continue to obsess about it? I mean, must Facebook light up like a Christmas tree over kids born after 9-11 will now be learning about something they weren't around to see for themselves?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Indeed that is true, but i'd say it's okay to share this particular commercial around because, like I said before, the store has closed it's doors.
Last night I realized what really bugged me about all this.

These are things that exist and have happened.

The commercial is offensive and by its very existence the store was forced to shutter down. But making money off of that tragedy with collectible coin scams is far more disgusting.

For added irony, the text for the first video reads:

This was shown during a MadTV "best parody commercials" episode. I didn't realize until the end that it wasn't part of the show. Thank you, Liberia.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now they're trying to put more effort into those knee brace commercials with actual backgrounds and layouts:

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I'm really annoyed by the domino's pizza commercial, where the one person who wants a salad, is forcing others to get one too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just saw that commercial a few minutes ago. Domino's commercials, just in general, are pretty awful anyway - they're always so full of self-pity.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now they're trying to put more effort into those knee brace commercials with actual backgrounds and layouts:
Still looks awful. Who are the cartoons for? That's MY problem with them. These commercials are for senior citizens that have serious joint problems. It's not eye popping, it's not well done, it's...it's just pointless. Why can't they just save the 2 bucks worth of effort and just go straight to the stock footage?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It's still just as awkward and creepy as the others. If anything, I think the grandma in this commercial is even creepier than the other ones because she's constantly smiling and talking through her teeth, and the rest of her face hardly moves at all. Also, what's with the little girl's clothes? who even still wears clothes like that?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
What????!!!! Riding bikes without helmets in this day and age??!!
This ad might be slightly technically better than the other two, but
doesn't have that so-bad-you- can't-ignore cheesy mung to it.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I just saw that commercial a few minutes ago. Domino's commercials, just in general, are pretty awful anyway - they're always so full of self-pity.
yeah they are, i really despise the part of the commercial, where two of someone's guest, have this look on their faces, just because they are only serving pizza that they ordered, and not salad. personally, i prefer papa john's , pizza hut, and local pizza places, over domino's pizza any day.