Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
*Pig's Laundry peeks from under his desk and squeaks
"
Um, m-m-maybe you should c-calm down?"
*Quickly hides back under the desk

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Of course, for that kind of weather, I'd have to move to San Francisco.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, I was really worried that the heat was going to continue into this week as well, but it apparently isn't, we're finally back to normal and it appears we're going to stay that way. While I'm still bummed about losing half of September, at least we didn't end up losing three-quarters like it looked like we were going to.

Still, I have a feeling that I'll be back in this thread in December - I have a feeling we'll be seeing more spring-like conditions again this December.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Still, I have a feeling that I'll be back in this thread in December - I have a feeling we'll be seeing more spring-like conditions again this December.
The tropics have been very active lately. That's usually a sign that winter (at least in the North East) is going to be a very active season. Which worries me. I can't stop thinking of that horrid pattern we had 2 years ago when we had a blizzard at least every two to three days for a couple weeks. Last year/this year, other than 2 days of record breaking below normal temps with Below Zero windchills in February, we really didn't have a terrible winter. It still had cold days and some snow..and then, first week of April 2 snowstorms. I really really don't trust spring-like Decembers. The year we had 60 on Christmas, things fell apart late January and the entirety of February. I'd rather have a cold December and get it all out of the way first.

As for heat, I don't particularly mind it, but Humidity is disgusting. It can make mid-60's weather feel like 90's. The other night was terribly mucky, and it made the cool enough temps feel much worse than they really were. We've had some dry upper 70's days that actually felt cool and comfortable. And not just by comparison, either.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

The heat came back. THE HEAT CAME BACK! This is absolutely, totally, and completely unnecessary! We had finally dropped down to a normal/seasonal temperature just three days ago, and then all of the sudden, the heat is on again, and apparently will be so for the rest of the week. In the words of Gilbert Gottfried:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They said on the news yesterday that we're close to our record amount of 90+ degrees days for a year this year: the current record stands at 78 days, which was set back in the 1930s (1936, I believe they said), and we're presently at 74 as of today, and we still have a couple of more days to go after this, which bring us to 76 days of 90+ degree weather this year. That's comin' awful close to tying that record.

I can still remember a number of years back when we broke the record for warmest Thanksgiving day ever (mid-to-upper 70s) and all the news people were so happy about it, like, "YAYZ! WE DID IT! WE BROKE THE RECORD! THIS IS THE WARMEST THANKSGIVING EVER! WOO-HOO!" With it being in the 70s for Christmas last year, that has to be the warmest Christmas ever.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Seriously, I have to put up with this all the time, which is why this year, I decided I was going to b!+c# about summer to anybody I encountered when they ask the mandatory, "how are you today?" Though, to my surprise, a number of people actually sided with me about it.

Still, it would be nice if we could go one year without people being like, "Wahh! It's too cold!" "Wahh! I miss summer!" "Wahhh! I can't wait for summer to begin!" "Wahhh! We're all gonna die in a heap!"

mr3urious

Reaction score
And here in AZ, a state known for its blistering heat, we've been having more pleasant temperatures lately. :smile:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
And things are finally supposed to be cooling down here in Texas soon.