Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

mr3urious

Reaction score
The number of episodes per season is being dropped from ten to seven. Not sure how they plan on spread that odd number of episodes out over time.
Is there any reason why they're cutting the episode count? Is this show not cheap enough already? :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think at least for the next two seasons, it partly is due to the fact that in addition to only 14 half-hour episodes, we're also getting two new specials as well - one of which is a feature-length TV movie about D.W. turning five (again, so apparently "D.W.'s Perfect Wish" never happened).

mr3urious

Reaction score
The new season will supposedly be premiering next month. I got this off of Wikipedia, so please take with a grain of salt.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
KET released the airdates sometime last month, and it's only been within the last week or two that they finally revealed episode titles. Admittedly, some of them do sound fake (one episode is simply titled "Cereal"), but KET is a reliable source.

Supposedly, one of the new episodes may be from a Facebook contest from 2013.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Typically over a year from what I understand, lol.

But, generally, I don't think it was the winning entry, but apparently an idea that was submitted that was really popular, so that may be why they're using it. Greg Bailey once explained to me that if they get ideas/suggestions that sound like they have potential, they "reserve" them in an idea bag for writers to reference for B-stories and such.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If this promotion image for Season 20 confirms anything, it's that the animation will remain Flash:

Honestly, I can't understand how and why people were so sure that the show would go back to traditional animation - in this day and age, that would make no sense.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, I hope they at least improve on the character's designs. Though, judging by the way Arthur looks in the picture I doubt it.