Why did Sesame Street cast members leave?

Censored

Reaction score
Alan is a great addition. Always been one of my favorite human characters
Oh, definitely. I just think they could have made Alan part of the cast without getting rid of Mr. Hanford (if that, in fact, is what really happened). But, yes, Alan is great. I hope that they will allow him to stay for at least a couple more seasons. As someone noted, Alan is getting older and, by the current standards, makes him more likely to be terminated. Hopefully that will not happen.

DePingPong

Reaction score
Oh, definitely. I just think they could have made Alan part of the cast without getting rid of Mr. Hanford (if that, in fact, is what really happened). But, yes, Alan is great. I hope that they will allow him to stay for at least a couple more seasons. As someone noted, Alan is getting older and, by the current standards, makes him more likely to be terminated. Hopefully that will not happen.
Maybe they could've pulled it off the same way they had David as store owner but Gina worked there as well. I feel like Alan and Mr. Handford would've been a great team.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When David Smyrl died, Alan posted a tribute on Facebook, respectfully refering to him as his Hooper's Store predesessor and also thanking him for his contributions to the show and for being a role model to kids.

I'm reminded of when I attempted to write a "lost" episode fanfic that would have taken place inbetween Seasons 29 and 30 that would have explained why Mr. Handford sold the store to Alan: Mr. Handford sustained a leg injury when Hooper's began flooding due to a leaky pipe under the sink, and because it was looking like his leg would take a long time to recovery and heal, he decided it was probably time that Hooper's was in the hands of a younger storekeeper - and bright-eyed, enthusiastic, and personable young Alan seemed like the ideal person to take over the store for him.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That would be neat, Snowth. You should rewrite the story and share it in the fan fic section.