The New Weekly Survey Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since the old one was deleted, and it was just started to be active again, might as well start a whole new thread and continue the fun.

1. Did you do anything in honor of Jim Henson's birthday today?
2. What post-Jim Muppet/Henson project do you think Jim would be most proud of if he could see it?
3. What do you think Jim would be doing now if he were still alive?
4. Have you seen any of Jim's non-Muppet projects?
5. Which of the original three Muppet movies is your personal favorite?
6. Which of the post-Jim Muppet movies do you feel retained the traditional Muppet spirit the best way?
7. Which Jim and Frank characters do you feel had the best chemistry?
8. Have you seen any footage of Jim's memorial service?
9. Do you feel the Muppet franchise should have continued to live beyond Jim's passing or not?
10. "Rhapsody Rabbit" or "Cat Concerto"?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
1. Yes, I helped the trend on Facebook. I don't remember Jim ever trending on Facebook all day like he has today.
2. I feel like perhaps THE MUPPETS (2011) movie, if only because when I saw it in theaters, there were way more adults than there were kids, which I feel like would have been a sigh of relief for him. Either that, or maybe even PUPPET UP!
3. From what I've read (like from Frank), he'd probably be a big wig at Pixar today.
4. Two of his three experimental films (TIMEPIECE and THE CUBE), not to mention all of the countless little films and animations he did for the early days of SST.
5. Although I'm very fond of each of them, GMC seems to be the one I would go back to the most as a kid.
6. MTI has that classic, crazy Muppet twist on a literary classic. THE MUPPETS (2011) was pretty much a cinematic tribute to the franchise itself.
7. Definitely Ernie and Bert, considering Jim and Frank adlibbed with those characters so much and played off of each other so well, they pretty much embodied those characters.
8. On YouTube, yes. And boy, is it a tearjerker.
9. Why not? After all, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, and the rest of the Disney gang have gone on long after we lost Walt.
10. Tom's playing of "The Hungarian Rhapsody" in "The Cat Concerto" looked and sounded more accurate, but "Rhapsody Rabbit" is the funnier of the two.

Schfifty

Reaction score
1. Wished him (and Steve Whitmire) a happy birthday on a thread in the Henson People board.
2. Probably The Muppets, as it helped bring the troupe back into the public eye and served as an homage to the previous Muppet productions of Jim's time. It'd be interesting to wonder what he'd think of some of the new characters, including Walter.
3. Not sure. Something with Disney I guess...or maybe even Apple, considering their huge impact on the world this decade.
4. Not very much, except I have seen some of the Baker films he produced for the first season of Sesame Street.
5. Nothing beats the charm of The Muppet Movie. Such wonderful entertainment and incredible creativity in the making of it, plus I think it made one of the AFI's "100 Greatest..." lists.
6. The Muppets.
7. Ernie and Bert, no doubt!
8. Yes, including Jerry Nelson and Louise Gold singing, Frank Oz giving a speech, and of course Big Bird giving his memorable tribute performance of "Bein' Green". And yes, it's a big tearjerker.
9. What Snowthy said.
10. Hmm...I'll go with Rhapsody Rabbit.

By the way, shouldn't this be in the Games board?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
*Sigh, i'm still just really bummed out the old one got deleted. So much insight into the forum members' personalities gone, including members who don't post here anymore.

Oh well, nothing we can do about it I suppose:

1. Did you do anything in honor of Jim Henson's birthday today? Yup, watched The Muppet Movie with my siblings and parents.
2. What post-Jim Muppet/Henson project do you think Jim would be most proud of if he could see it? I actually agree with what D'Snowth said.
3. What do you think Jim would be doing now if he were still alive? Hmm, hard to say. I think he would still be super busy innovating and being creative, but I don't think he would have time to puppeteer as often anymore. Because of this he probably would've handed over his characters, especially Kermit, to other performers.
4. Have you seen any of Jim's non-Muppet projects? Indeed, i've seen Timepiece, THE CUBE, The Organized Mind, as well as his many films for Sesame Street.
5. Which of the original three Muppet movies is your personal favorite? "The Muppet Movie" stands all on it's own, it's a true classic, perfectly capturing the spirit of the Muppets.
6. Which of the post-Jim Muppet movies do you feel retained the traditional Muppet spirit the best way? I would have to say "The Muppets"
7. Which Jim and Frank characters do you feel had the best chemistry? Definitely Ernie and Bert.
8. Have you seen any footage of Jim's memorial service? Oh yeah, it's a tear fest. But my favorite part of it is definitely when the Muppeteers come together and sing Jim's favorite songs.
9. Do you feel the Muppet franchise should have continued to live beyond Jim's passing or not? Absolutely, it's what Jim would've wanted and they've done a lot of great things since his death.
10. "Rhapsody Rabbit" or "Cat Concerto Wow, i've seen both of them a billion times but I somehow never noticed how similar they are. Welp, Looney Tunes did it first and Tom and Jerry was clearly trying to bite off of them, so i'm going with "Rhapsody Rabbit."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er... Quick question. Is this Weekly Survey thing thought of as a game or general discussion? If it's a game, then I'm going to ask who wants to assume gamemastership/custody of the thread so a new tthread can be set up properly in the Games thread. Hope to get a reply soon, thanks. :confused:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Er... Quick question. Is this Weekly Survey thing thought of as a game or general discussion? If it's a game, then I'm going to ask who wants to assume gamemastership/custody of the thread so a new tthread can be set up properly in the Games thread. Hope to get a reply soon, thanks. :confused:
I guess that I can assume it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't get though. Why was the old thread deleted?
Because a forum member asked to have all their posts deleted, and in doing so that would have left this thread in a state of confusing continuity, so it was best to delete the thread itself. That happens with game threads and others like it from time to time.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Because a forum member asked to have all their posts deleted, and in doing so that would have left this thread in a state of confusing continuity, so it was best to delete the thread itself. That happens with game threads and others like it from time to time.
That makes sense.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I never even thought of the Weekly Survey as a game anyway, and never really understood why it had been moved to the Games board in the first place. That's just me, but whatever.