The Wander over Yonder Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
The wording was confusing. Did he mean a year and three months for a whole season, or just one episode?

C to the J

Reaction score
The wording was confusing. Did he mean a year and three months for a whole season, or just one episode?
Well, he did say one 11-minute cartoon. If I'm not mistaken, there's a chart showing that one group (e.g. Writers) focuses on one episode while other groups provide material for other episodes. So let's say you're a background artist. You'll probably spend at least one week creating backgrounds for one episode just before moving on to the next episode.

C to the J

Reaction score
This here map shows a great big number of fans who want to "saveWOY." The show is surprisingly popular in Europe. The blank spaces you see probably have no television or Internet access.

https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/SaveWOY_Petition_V2/S9qbMCKcUL

By the way, if you go to Wander Over Yonder, Vol. 4 on iTunes and check out Ratings and Reviews, you'll find my review titled, 'We still have room for more!'

C to the J

Reaction score
Tomorrow, it will have been three months since the second season finale aired. And get this: Wander Over Yonder was one of the most trended topics on Tumblr on July 27th and August 27th. We'll probably expect big, big things from Tumblr users when the time comes. After September, the folks running the SaveWOY campaign will expand beyond Tumblr in order to spread more awareness.

Ooh, and I should mention that reruns of the show return starting October 3rd. That ought to give viewers old and new a chance to boost viewership. The greater the interest, the better. If they ever get a third season, I'd like to see the actual series finale end the same way Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends ended: with a "Thanks for Watching" message.

By the way, after recently watching The Sick Day on my iTunes program, it occurred to me that I had a small flaw in my list of voices and characters - the Intergalactic Guru sounded more like Tom Kenny. There may be a wiki on the show, but I'm only focused on episode pages where I find voice cast information.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Tomorrow, it will have been three months since the second season finale aired. And get this: Wander Over Yonder was one of the most trended topics on Tumblr on July 27th and August 27th. We'll probably expect big, big things from Tumblr users when the time comes. After September, the folks running the SaveWOY campaign will expand beyond Tumblr in order to spread more awareness.

Ooh, and I should mention that reruns of the show return starting October 3rd. That ought to give viewers old and new a chance to boost viewership. The greater the interest, the better. If they ever get a third season, I'd like to see the actual series finale end the same way Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends ended: with a "Thanks for Watching" message.
That's awesome! And even if the show doesn't get revived, i'd still be very happy if more people discovered it in reruns. I think that's what was so sad to me about the cancellation: not so much the fact that it ended after only 2 seasons without a proper ending, but the fact that so few people knew about the show. It deserved more attention than it got. Although, like I said in the thread before, I blame a lot of this on the channel switch.

C to the J

Reaction score
Oops. It would appear I got the date wrong.

Anyone with a DVR can just set the show to be recorded.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's awesome! And even if the show doesn't get revived, i'd still be very happy if more people discovered it in reruns. I think that's what was so sad to me about the cancellation: not so much the fact that it ended after only 2 seasons without a proper ending, but the fact that so few people knew about the show. It deserved more attention than it got. Although, like I said in the thread before, I blame a lot of this on the channel switch.
Back when Phineas and Ferb came out, I was extremely happy the show was merchandised as aggressively as a Disney Afternoon show in the 90's would. The show had a slow start, but it became popular and Phineas and Ferb toys were all over store shelves, especially in The Disney Stores, something virtually unheard of unless it's a preschool show.

Wander, Star, and Penn Zero, however, not so much as a T-Shirt. And Gravity Falls, which had a toy line only saw spotty releases making them impossible to find. I'm sure if there were Wander plushies and toys (it's not like he's ugly and unmarketable) the show would have been more popular. Also, the whole bit about XD being an inaccessible network because Disney wasn't firm enough with the telecom conglomerates to give it a basic cable package counterpoint to the tween girl-centric Disney Channel.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Frankly, I almost wish Disney XD would just replace Disney Channel all together. DXD's shows are so much better and it's not like Disney Channel's shows are even all that popular anymore. Or maybe they could merge the two channels together.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like XD in theory. It's just the fact you have to spend extra money just to get it that ticks me off. It made failures of most of its shows that aren't Marvel or Disney produced. The most popular anime character in the world had a short 2 season run and quickly disappeared even though VIZ totally could have just moved the show to Netflix and kept it going a little more. Even the Yokai Watch company said "yeah...put season 1 on Netflix so we can actually be popular."

Disney's tween line up shows are just...as much as I can get annoyed by most of Nick's shows for being obnoxious and being forced on the audience, Disney on the other hand is full of bland, forgettable tripe with interchangeable cast members. Heck, they even have a complete knockoff of Nick's Game Shakers, but with internet viral videos (or what an out of touch 50 year old TV exec thinks that internal netting thing is). But the thing is, they do show XD shows on Disney, but only once a week at like 10 PM, and now they mostly air that awful prank show. A show that's actually been transported to Disney because live action.

C to the J

Reaction score
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the reruns were a false alarm.

http://kureisan28.tumblr.com/post/151061374780/false-alarm-no-reruns-for-wander-over-yonder

How much deeper could Disney possibly cut us fans of shows with better animation and timing? Don't people in the targeted demographic know good high-quality entertainment when they see it? I guess it's become abundantly clear that if we want the show to be renewed, we should spread awareness to children and families. I would try to introduce my family to it, but some members aren't exactly animation enthusiasts. I wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong impression the first time they watch it.

Until then, let's keep sending letters. There's an upcoming mailing campaign in October if you're interested.

http://peepsqueak.tumblr.com/post/151071277452/theres-still-hope-and-a-new-mailing-campaign