The Nostalgia Thread

snichols1973

Reaction score
Me too, sort of. Though some of the time they threw in something where the offensive caricatures were actually so bad they came off as frightening.

But man, I am no stranger to the embarrassingly okay in the 1960's Asian stereotypes. Seems they really got it bad in the 60's. That Mighty Heroes series I mentioned earlier? Two different Supervillains had incredibly racist Pan-Asian henchmen... and bot with the same voice! These are just painfully embarrassing to watch now.
UPA's The Dick Tracy Show had Go-Go Gomez and Joe Jitsu, two characters that by today's standards would be considered negative ethnic portrayals...

Quite a number of 1940's Bugs Bunny cartoons are either no longer shown or presented in edited form due to their negative portrayal of characters as outdated stereotypes: All This and Rabbit Stew and Hiawatha's Rabbit Hunt (1941), Fresh Hare (1942) with the minstrel show number being edited out; Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips (1944) and Herr Meets Hare (1945) are no longer shown because of outdated WWII references, and A Feather In His Hare (1948), where the Indian's voice (an uncredited Michael Maltese) appears to slightly resemble Joe Besser's characteristic voice.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Thanks. To be honest there are things in that video I'd forgotten about even watching. If i would have made that same type of video today it wouldn't have things like Katie and Orby in it.

Earlier in the thread Face was mentioned from Nick Jr. Does anyone remember two other animations they played? One was an animated fly, and they followed her around (like a gopro except...not because it was 1994/7) places like farms? Also there was another series where two hands turned into a man and woman, and one of them had them planting seeds?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Thanks. To be honest there are things in that video I'd forgotten about even watching. If i would have made that same type of video today it wouldn't have things like Katie and Orby in it.

Earlier in the thread Face was mentioned from Nick Jr. Does anyone remember two other animations they played? One was an animated fly, and they followed her around (like a gopro except...not because it was 1994/7) places like farms? Also there was another series where two hands turned into a man and woman, and one of them had them planting seeds?
You're welcome.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anyone remember these old Windows 98 games?

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Okay, three movies: The Lion King
Land Before Time
The Aristocats
We had VHS of all of those movies, and we used to watch them so much that I actually remember every scene and every line from each of them.

mariolover

Reaction score
Here are the shows I watched when I was a little kid:
Bear In The Big Blue House (this was my all-time favorite show when I was little)
Little Einsteins (2nd favorite show when I was little)
Dragon Tales
Out Of The Box
Rolie Polie Olie
VeggieTales
Sesame Street
Blue's Clues (don't care for it anymore)
The Wiggles
The Fairly OddParents
SpongeBob Squarepants
Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
Rugrats
Between The Lions
Bob The Builder
Barney & Friends (I hate that show nowadays even though I used to like it when I was little)
Dora The Explorer (hate that show now as well)
Jay Jay The Jet Plane (I also now hate that one)
and a few others.
I still like all of the shows that I mentioned except for the ones I said I hate