Halloween is just around the corner

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Think I watched it a while ago under Muppetdude's YT account. Can't remember if he made it a commentary or a YTP or something...

Still, I have no problem with little kids having safe costumes, but hate that they do that with adult costumes. It's cute on a 3-6 year old, but it's pathetic looking on an grown man. I don't see why they make those like that.

Oh...wait...I get it. They're cheaper that way. Don't give anyone a decent mask with a costume. If you want a good mask, you have to shell out another 30+ bucks for a good mask. I'm not going to say that they don't make good grown person costumes anymore, but when did they ever before the (at the very earliest) 90's?
I get it, safety first for toddlers. But yeah, check out some of the costumes on eBay, for the amount of money you're shelling out, some look so...CHEAP.
Not only are some costumes made of paper-thin fabric, Bugs Bunny does not have bare hands, and does not wear black Reebok's.
If you're going to get a costume, even if it's just one day a year, it should look convincing.
There are actual costume rental stores, where you can get a mascot-quality costume: plush fur, decent mask (which won't impair your breathing or your vision), white gloves, rabbit feet.
Costumes can get pricey, but for the money you're spending, you shouldn't have to settle for a thin pair of pajamas.

Drtooth

Reaction score
9 times out of 10, you're better off making your own costume. At least if it looks cheap, it's because you didn't spend much on it. And if you're willing to shell out that much money on a costume, there are professional costume markers who you can give your first born to online if you can trust them.

But I'm never impressed with off the shelf costumes. A good plastic or rubber mask, maybe, but the 50+ dollar bagged licensed ones are atrocious. I remember seeing Flintstones costumes (you know, the thing that's cereal mascots and vitamins unless you're over 35?) a couple years back that came with an ugly wig and just the fake animal furs they wear. Bare feet sold separately, and you didn't even look as good as Mark Addy and Stephen Baldwin in the prequel movie. The Betty and Wilma ones were meh, certainly a step up from the usual woman's costume. And those were the best ones I've seen in recent memory!

Drtooth

Reaction score
That is a valid point. Though I'd point out there's one of either two issues here. Either price the cheaply made one time use costumes so they're more affordable or make the costumes out of better material that actually looks like what its supposed to and earn that price. They're the worst of both worlds with high priced cheapness.

I haven't seen the Bugs costume that Fuzzygobo is speaking of, but I have a feeling that Mike Matei's Bugs Bunny costume in the AVGN video about how crappy Looney Tunes NES games were (made 7 years ago) is a far superior costume.

And it's not really that good either.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
This is part nostalgia/part good luck/part being in the right place at the right time. This dear sweet lady (can't remember her name, but can remember where her house was) used to give out giant Hershey bars for Halloween. Nobody else could afford to do this, unless she had some connections with the Hershey company. Or she just liked to see kids' eyes swell up the size of baseballs putting a giant Krackle bar in your Halloween stash.
Sadly, it's been about forty years since Mrs. What's-Her-Name ruled the Halloween scene. Like the Great Pumpkin, you only saw her once a year (and unlike the Great Pumpkin, she never disappointed any kid).
Thank you, Mrs. What's-Her-Name, for your unheard-of generosity.
Future generations of trick or treater's can only be green with envy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Broadcasting has a history of airing shows and movies out of season: they broadcast Christmas movies and shows all year long, that's something that's a given and ya just have to accept it.

But this is perhaps one of the more bizarre things I've seen yet: what's the deal with airing Easter specials around Halloween right now?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Broadcasting has a history of airing shows and movies out of season: they broadcast Christmas movies and shows all year long, that's something that's a given and ya just have to accept it.

But this is perhaps one of the more bizarre things I've seen yet: what's the deal with airing Easter specials around Halloween right now?
Where and what special?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
CN evidently aired a TEEN TITANS GO! Easter special over the weekend, and likewise, an Easter episode of AFV was on yesterday on that new UP channel as well.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
CN evidently aired a TEEN TITANS GO! Easter special over the weekend, and likewise, an Easter episode of AFV was on yesterday on that new UP channel as well.
I didn't know that AFV was on UP. Do you know what version of the show that they are airing?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but I don't think that really counts, as CN runs a cluster of TTG episodes at a time, seemingly mindlessly. That's something that just so happens when you air a show as many times as day as they do.