Sesame Street Episode 847 with Margaret Hamilton

Censored

Reaction score
That could perhaps be a misremembering of this episode. Margaret put a 'big nose' or clown nose on Oscar or something. Obviously from the people who saw this so long ago at such a young age the memory is going to be fuzzy.

So you actually are most interested in this episode. :smile:
Trust me, Oscar being cursed with a human nose was definitely a separate episode. I saw it myself, when it was new in the early 70's, and I was every bit as frightened as the guy on this web page:

http://www.avclub.com/article/childhood-scares-26455

Today, of course, I would LOVE to see it again! Ironic, isn't it?

It was also definitely a Muppet witch that did it to him. If you look it up on Muppet Central, you will see some discussion about it by others old enough to remember.

gravy

Reaction score
Trust me, Oscar being cursed with a human nose was definitely a separate episode. I saw it myself, when it was new in the early 70's, and I was every bit as frightened as the guy on this web page:

http://www.avclub.com/article/childhood-scares-26455

Today, of course, I would LOVE to see it again! Ironic, isn't it?

It was also definitely a Muppet witch that did it to him. If you look it up on Muppet Central, you will see some discussion about it by others old enough to remember.
Oscar with a human nose? That seems like an... interesting... episode.

Censored

Reaction score
Oscar with a human nose? That seems like an... interesting... episode.

Yes. The only way he could break the spell and get rid of the nose was to something nice. Needless to say, for Oscar, that was an impossible task. Even when he tried to do something nice, it turned out wrong and his nose got longer.

gravy

Reaction score
Yes. The only way he could break the spell and get rid of the nose was to something nice. Needless to say, for Oscar, that was an impossible task. Even when he tried to do something nice, it turned out wrong and his nose got longer.
Which season/year did it air?

Censored

Reaction score
Which season/year did it air?
It was during the run of the original Gordon, Matt Robinson, so it was sometime between 1970-1972. (Definitely not 1969 because Oscar was green).

gravy

Reaction score
It was during the run of the original Gordon, Matt Robinson, so it was sometime between 1970-1972. (Definitely not 1969 because Oscar was green).
I'm pretty sure that's early second season.

mariolover

Reaction score
I asked my mom if she remembered this episode and she said she remembers Big Bird's feet sticking out from underneath a table, but wasn't entirely sure whether it was this episode or not. Can any of you guys confirm whether this actually happened in the episode or not?

gravy

Reaction score
I asked my mom if she remembered this episode and she said she remembers Big Bird's feet sticking out from underneath a table, but wasn't entirely sure whether it was this episode or not. Can any of you guys confirm whether this actually happened in the episode or not?
From what we have, there isn't anything about Big Bird's feet, but instead being turned into a feather duster. Does your mother remember what year it was?

mariolover

Reaction score
Actually, I misremembered. What she actually said was that she remembered the WICKED WITCH's feet sticking out from underneath a HOUSE. She doesn't remember what year it was