Video: "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" Remake

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree. he doesn't quite have the singing range that song requires.

Other than that, this is what they should be doing. There's nothing wrong with rerecording and reperforming songs that made the series. I don't for a moment mind most of these kinds of things. Especially in the 90's and 00's when they had the celebrity covers, both on and off the show.

Though, frankly, any remake of this is better than the Aaron Neville duet. Just... Aaron Neville. No thanks. No thanks.

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Eeeek! That singing is tough to swallow. It should have been me.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I agree. he doesn't quite have the singing range that song requires.
His "Change the Plan" from last season sounded a little off too. I think the problem is he's trying a bit too hard to do the voice when Steve and Jim's voices were much softer.
Other than that, this is what they should be doing. There's nothing wrong with rerecording and reperforming songs that made the series. I don't for a moment mind most of these kinds of things. Especially in the 90's and 00's when they had the celebrity covers, both on and off the show.
I don't understand why they don't really do remakes much anymore. Songs like Rubber Duckie, C is For Cookie, Doin' the Pigeon are the show's signature songs, so it's a little sad that most of the current kids watching won't even know about them. Frankly, I think we're long overdue for some new versions of those. One I really want to see is a remake of "Do-De Rubber Duck".

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I would like to see a remake of Batty Bat & Monster in The Mirror with Matt performing the Count & Eric performing Grover.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I don't think Billy's singing is that bad, honestly. But yeah, maybe if the song was sung in a lower key, he wouldn't have to strain himself to reach those notes.

The female singers are pretty good, though, as is the instrumentation. And I do like the use of stop-motion puppets in the background.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's cute enough. I don't mind Billy's singing; he got a nice harmony near the end.

It's a shame they pretty much just stood there and sang, no real moving or effects or anything. I'm 99% certain they shot this in the studio they have at the SW offices, so there's not much they could've done compared to their studio at Kaufman-Astoria. Plus, budget thing I guess.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't understand why they don't really do remakes much anymore. Songs like Rubber Duckie, C is For Cookie, Doin' the Pigeon are the show's signature songs, so it's a little sad that most of the current kids watching won't even know about them. Frankly, I think we're long overdue for some new versions of those. One I really want to see is a remake of "Do-De Rubber Duck".
They've tried that since the 90's at least, often with the original audio. They even redid "La La La La" when they didn't need to.

It's a great classic and all, but hardly one of the signature character songs. I'm glad they did it, though. And I live when they did the new version of Rubber Duckie that took place in an actual bathroom, instead of a tub in dead space.

Though, if they made a new I Love Trash, I'd... I'd hope they reconsider the lyric about the "rusty trombone" since it has a...well... not friendly meaning someone's going to misinterpret.