Video: "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" Remake

mr3urious

Reaction score
They've tried that since the 90's at least, often with the original audio. They even redid "La La La La" when they didn't need to.
Something tells me that was for foreign audiences so they wouldn't have to worry about on-screen text getting in the way.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Though, if they made a new I Love Trash, I'd... I'd hope they reconsider the lyric about the "rusty trombone" since it has a...well... not friendly meaning someone's going to misinterpret.
Do I have to ask? Because I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what "rusty trombone" can be misinterpreted as.

Then again, apparently people on YouTube seem to interpret some kind of hidden double meaning in the "I Hate Christmas" line, "I'll tell 'im where to put his toys."

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Then again, apparently people on YouTube seem to interpret some kind of hidden double meaning in the "I Hate Christmas" line, "I'll tell 'im where to put his toys."
That's actually kind of how I always interpreted it, to be honest.

Oh and apparently people think "Bubble on My Snuffle" is about something un-child friendly as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Do I have to ask? Because I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what "rusty trombone" can be misinterpreted as.

If you knew what the trombone was, you'd wish you wouldn't, let's put it that way. Then again, every freaking phrase has been turned into something with a dirty meaning so "That's what she said" jokes will never run out. Though that line in I Hate Christmas pretty much does mean what you'd think. Sun don't shine and all that, you know.

Now, I'm probably in the minority, but I actually do like the stop motion remakes of the Bud Luckey cartoons, even though they lack some of the charm that Bud's animation has. Though I find the Martian Cutey one kinda lacking. I do like how the 10 Turtles on the Telephone. And I liked the contest to reanimate Pinball Number Count. The visuals are adorable. I mean, if they can take the older stuff and update it, you still have those great old songs vs new ones that are, frankly, hit or miss.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I think this is the best thing to come out of the Love to Learn series. To those who think Billy's singing isn't the best, listen to 16:46 of this video. I think he sounds pretty good:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Billy's performing Ernie.
Well, Jim and Steve both had a chance to sing that. Billy was about due. Hopefully, he'll do a version of "Rubber Duckie" at some point as well. :smile:

I don't understand why they don't really do remakes much anymore. Songs like Rubber Duckie, C is For Cookie, Doin' the Pigeon are the show's signature songs, so it's a little sad that most of the current kids watching won't even know about them. Frankly, I think we're long overdue for some new versions of those. One I really want to see is a remake of "Do-De Rubber Duck".
That is something to think about, especially with the recasts. Did Eric's Bert ever sing "Doin' the Pigeon?" Did Dave's Cookie ever sing "C is for Cookie?" Heck, I don't recall ever hearing Steve's Ernie do "Rubber Duckie," yet he did "Bein' Green" and "Rainbow Connection" as Kermit. Yeah, we're definitely about due for remakes of classic SS songs with the newer character voices as well.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
This is truly one of my favorite remakes- I actually enjoy it more than the Shawn Colvin version! :smile:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Hey I just realized, we now have versions of the song for each Ernie performer. Jim Henson played Ernie in the original, Steve did him when they did the remake with Shawn Colvin and now Billy has this version.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't know I have a odd way of thinking about songs like this. To me this is more A Jim song then an Ernie song. I feel that most of Jim's Richard's and Jerry's songs should be left alone. Because no matter how good the other prefomers do it still just don't set well with me.