Tangled actually beats Frozen to a TV series

Drtooth

Reaction score
In a strange move, Tangled managed to get a cartoon series before the one that made several times it's Box Office.

This would be the first Disney series directly based on an animated movie since "The Emperor's New School." Sofia the First doesn't count (film characters drop by), neither does Miles from Tomorrowland (not based on an animated movie at any rate, and sounds like it's not even directly an adaption of the movie) or 7D (which is technically a re imagining, not a direct adaption). Personally, I'm baffled as to why they've chose this series. The Big Hero fan in me wishes that got a shot. Tangled was so-so popular, not hugely eruptive like that other thing that you'd think would have been chosen over this. But hey... news of an animated series on Disney? As long as it's not "another unremarkable kid com" any news is good.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I wonder how much of the movie's continuity this series will follow, considering how it ended?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
It is a strange move. But in a way, I think it's kind of a good one, especially since Frozen is starting to get a bit of a backlash for being too over hyped.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll agree it's strange, since Tangled was only moderately successful at best. Not that it doesn't have it's fanbase, but even films that made practically nothing have their share of fans as well. Book of Life may not have been a huge hit, but it did garner a huge amount of La Muerta cosplayers (and it is awesome). Then again they made that ENG cartoon series when Disney inconsistently hates that movie. Like, Oh! We refuse to merchandise it or even acknowledge its existence, but let's give it a sequel and a TV show. Pick a lane. Also has a sizable cult fanbase, by the way.

The Lion Guard??
The Lion King preschool thing? I kinda forgot about that. Haven't heard anything since the announcement and obviously it slipped my mind. Still, Disney used to LOVE TV adaptions of movies. Even ones that should have made it like Atlantis. I dig the movie and all, but it would have done better as a TV series. Even Tarzan slightly improved with that series (replacing Rosie O'Donnel with April Winchell being one of the improvements). It's like they just stopped due to their pop tween shows. I mean, a POTC cartoon series should have been a no-brainer. But it wasn't something they could shove up on ABC Kids (back before it was Litton's usual FCC Lipservice line up no one watches), or something they were willing to not make a pop star out of, so...

Drtooth

Reaction score

Interesting how the animation and design look almost exactly like Penn Zero's.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Looks very solid in the animation department. I wonder if Big Hero 6 will be using this style, too? :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I could see the Big Hero 6 cartoon looking like the original Teen Titans series. Not that this wouldn't work, I'd assume that it'd be more anime-esque.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I could see the Big Hero 6 cartoon looking like the original Teen Titans series. Not that this wouldn't work, I'd assume that it'd be more anime-esque.
I actually meant this medium.