Tangled actually beats Frozen to a TV series

C to the J

Reaction score
I could see the Big Hero 6 cartoon looking like the original Teen Titans series. Not that this wouldn't work, I'd assume that it'd be more anime-esque.
Considering "Man of Action" were involved in the look of Big Hero 6, I'm thinking it'll look more like something you'd see in Ben 10 or Generator Rex. Though I did find that somebody involved in Kim Possible would take part in developing the show.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I was wondering how they were gonna work a series out of it considering she lobbed off all the hair.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was wondering how they were gonna work a series out of it considering she lobbed off all the hair.
Ehhh... Five will get you 10 whatever the heck happened matters about as much as Mira Nova and XR do to the Toy Story films.

I actually meant this medium.
Yeah. I could see them using something similar to this, or maybe something similar to Wander or Star Vs.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Maybe they'll explain how her hair grew back in the show?
Well, perhaps the episodes will actually just be "stories" being told and narrated by the characters, with their original CG incarnations (brunette Rapunzel, etc.) appearing at the beginning and end of each episode in framing devices, with the "stories" being in 2D.

That'd be a great way to get around the issue and further reaffirm that, like with all the previous movie-based TV shows, the events in the show are truly non-canonical. And this series will most likely be non-canonical to the film anyway, since it's being made Disney TV Animation instead of Walt Disney Animation Studios, where the original film and characters were created. And the company's usual rule of thumb is that the department that creates a canon keeps that canon.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Ehhh... Five will get you 10 whatever the heck happened matters about as much as Mira Nova and XR do to the Toy Story films.
There. it was merely a show within a show, as each episode's opening theme began with the original CG Toy Story characters gathering around a TV set in Andy's room to watch the 2D show.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Did anyone else watch the premiere movie and the 1st episode of Tangled: The Series? Turns out it is canon after all. :smile:

Like I predicted, they have Rapunzel regrow her familiar blond hair by coming across a set of magical spiky rocks, and they also have her father being shown as overprotective and forbidding her from leaving the safety of Corona, which she does not take kindly to seeing as how it was bad enough Mother Gothel did the same thing (though she did it purely out of selfishness). Raps' mother, however, seems to be more encouraging in her adventurous spirit as she was the same way.

There's also a new rogue antagonist called Lady Kane, as well as Rapunzel's confidant and sidekick Cassandra. The first episode also has a slightly cocky young alchemist who may be a recurring character, too. Here's hoping we get to see more of the world and characters fleshed out as the series continues.

C to the J

Reaction score
I saw the hour-long movie - gotta respect that continuity. It will be a long, long time before we learn what will become of the new characters before "Tangled Ever After" took place. I've looked at a few sources, including Animation Magazine, and I saw no sign of Brad Garrett reprising his role as the Hook Thug. Maybe one day he will, when we least expect it. And who knows when we'll see the Stabbington Brothers again?

C to the J

Reaction score
And another thing, the animation is unmistakably similar to that of PZ: PTH, and it's so good that it would make the creators of SvtFoE, P&P, MML, and some upcoming shows ask themselves, "Are we missing something?" (No offense, creators.)

C to the J

Reaction score
I'm starting to catch up now - I just watched What the Hair?!. At the end, Eugene finds out how Rapunzel's hair grew back.

Also, I found that Hook Hand, who we know became a pianist, is actually on a world tour, which explains why Brad Garrett hasn't returned yet.