Favorite Fran Brill Character

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yeah, Little Bird hasn't been on the show in a while, plus he was never a major character like Prairie or Zoe, so it wouldn't really seem fair to put him on the list.
Yea the whole point of these is to really focus on these preformers major characters. I mean think about someone like Jerry Nelson who prefomed so many one shot characters on both Sesame and the Muppet Show. It would be very hard to do a thread like this for all those because many people would not rember them all.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I really think he should be included. What's old is as significant as what's new on Sesame Street after 47 years. Besides, I always thought Little Bird had more potential than was used. The contrast between him and Big Bird was just right. The 2 established a friendship too. It probably got overshadowed by Big Bird's friendship with Snuffy, but even that could have been a good lesson about how someone can have 2 best friends.
I was born in 1982,and really can't think of any one insert or street story with Little Bird. I tell you what though, I will find some Little Bird videos and post them here. Would that help?

Censored

Reaction score
Yea the whole point of these is to really focus on these preformers major characters. I mean think about someone like Jerry Nelson who prefomed so many one shot characters on both Sesame and the Muppet Show. It would be very hard to do a thread like this for all those because many people would not rember them all.

Well, Little Bird was one of Fran Brill's signature characters for the time. He may not have been a "major character," but he was more significant than just a one-time Muppet character.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well, Little Bird was one of Fran Brill's signature characters for the time. He may not have been a "major character," but he was more significant than just a one-time Muppet character.

Well in this video Little Bird kind of reminds me of Herbert,. Wow though that monster at the end looked a lot like Harry with a different nose!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Little Bird intrigues me. He's all over the merchandise and has almost always been, yet is a character barely used since the early days of the show. Sure, you could see the "Casa" skit well into the 90's, but even I can't remember seeing Little Bird being used in anything much else off the top of my head.

And yet, you saw Little Bird represented well up into the 00's on books and toys and stuff. Who can forget this PVC?

Made well into the 80's, I'd say.

Not to mention this one from 98.

I'd tend to think there was potential for him to be a sidekick of some sorts, then we got a bigger one in Snuffy. So, like most of the older characters on the series, the writers just didn't find the voice for the character, and phased him out. Shame, really.

gravy

Reaction score
Little Bird wasn't always played by Fran Brill, though. Little Bird's debut started with Jim playing the role.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Also Palisades was even going to make a Little Bird pack-in for big bird.

Also I voted for Prairie.

Censored

Reaction score
Little Bird also had a significant part on at least one Sesame Street album.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well after those two video's I would like to see Little Bird come back!