Halloween is just around the corner

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I keep forgetting one of the downfalls to listening to Halloween music: having to put up with frequent tracks from GLEE's Rocky Horror horror.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
IKR? I've said it before . . . many times before . . . and I'm going to keep saying it . . . keep saying it . . . their cover of "Sweet Transvestite" is horrible! I know Drtooth has mentioned the oddity of the Chipmunks (which has typically been a very kid-friendly franchise) not bowlderizing "Time Warp" for their alien album, so what's up with GLEE (which is much more adult in nature) strangely bowlderizing "Sweet Transvestite"? I mean, yeah, I think it had something to do with the episode's plot or something, I don't know, but it still just ruins the refrain's alliteration.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
IKR? I've said it before . . . many times before . . . and I'm going to keep saying it . . . keep saying it . . . their cover of "Sweet Transvestite" is horrible! I know Drtooth has mentioned the oddity of the Chipmunks (which has typically been a very kid-friendly franchise) not bowlderizing "Time Warp" for their alien album, so what's up with GLEE (which is much more adult in nature) strangely bowlderizing "Sweet Transvestite"? I mean, yeah, I think it had something to do with the episode's plot or something, I don't know, but it still just ruins the refrain's alliteration.
Why does Glee have to go and edit Halloween songs?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So they celebrate the 50th anniversary of Great Pumpkin by butchering it all to heck. Nice.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
An accurate picture of me when I get a bunch of candy on Halloween:

This is me after I'm done eating all of it:

Drtooth

Reaction score
So they celebrate the 50th anniversary of Great Pumpkin by butchering it all to heck. Nice.
I hate that, even though there's a fair share of Great Pumpkin merchandise, every freaking Charlie Brown special lives eternally in the shadow of the Christmas one. Anytime that gets an anniversary, there's always a big long special about how special that special was. Behind the scenes bits, and such. That lame "look at all the languages this was dubbed into" thing. Really a shame that they couldn't make some short filler at the end so we could at least have seen the portion of the special where Snoopy overreacts to Schroeder's piano playing of old WWI songs. Yet, they kept in a lot of the WWI flying ace footage that I remember being cut from 1980's and early 90's broadcasts.

I understand they wanted to run the Toy Story special and all, and I really like that one as well. But it's a shame they couldn't do something better than just rebroadcasting a cut version of the special for its 50th anniversary.