Possible Muppet Babies Reboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, just found an article over at toughpigs.com that discusses how Disney Junior is working on a potential new Muppet Babies series. Don't know how to embed the article link here, and there's no real concrete information regarding the series, just that it's in the potential planning stages. Regarding characters, it mentions :smile:, :mad:, :embarrassed::, :concern:, and :halo: as the main cast, along with Miss Nanny (a younger version of Nanny), and Bobbi Baba, a new female Muppet sheep character.

We'll have to wait and see if this ends up becoming a real show. :wink:

tutter_fan

Reaction score
All I can say about this is: (inserting dramatic music sting here) "DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :crazy::wink::big_grin:

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
I like how they refer to Miss Piggy as a truck driver in a dress, similar to how Frank Oz did. I hope Rowlf, Scooter and Skeeter are in this.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Ooh, I really hope this happens. Preschool shows have really been getting better in the last few years, so if there was ever a time to make this show-it's now.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Kermit also referenced the Millennium Falcon, so that must mean we'll get to at least see some Star Wars footage, too. :smile:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Kermit also referenced the Millennium Falcon, so that must mean we'll get to at least see some Star Wars footage, too. :smile:
Oh yeah, I forgot the original show used footage from other shows and movies. I guess they can use a bunch of Disney movies now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I...I don't know what to make of this. Seems a little suspect. But I've been saying since the sitcom got cancelled that it's the right time to bring the Babies back for merchandising and preschool television. I have faith in Disney's preschool shows turning that ghastly "derp, let's do what Dora's doing" corner. Lion Guard looks like it could have been a Disney Afternoon show, and much as I love Timon and Pumbaa's series, this was a more faithful recreation of the movie in cartoon series form. Surely this series can be done well and it's in the right hands.

I'm intrigued by a completely new Muppet on the show to fill in gaps left by the lack of girl characters. Instead of making a weird relative that's only contained in that version of the series, they made something entirely new. She looks a little Sesame Street-ish rather than Muppet Show like, but that's not a big deal. I hope that if this gets made and if this is even a thing we'd see other Babies in the series based off of existing Muppets. Either in the main cast, or like Bunsen and Beaker, that visit from time to time.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I would like if they could make the computer animation look like realistic puppets, rather than drawings.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Considering their proposed ages are running in the 4-6 bracket, and it looks like some of the characters have been aged a bit (Baby Gonzo and Baby Animal look more like toddlers than babies), I'm not so sure that MUPPET BABIES would be entirely appropos. At the risk of rechanneling the spirit of Flintstones and Tom and Jerry, perhaps MUPPET KIDS would be a bit more accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.