Possible Muppet Babies Reboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
I would like if they could make the computer animation look like realistic puppets, rather than drawings.
Looking at the article, I think Kermit, Fozzie, and Piggy were designed using a computer and Gonzo, Animal, and the sheep haven't been designed using a computer yet and are simply sketches.

I...I don't know what to make of this. Seems a little suspect. But I've been saying since the sitcom got cancelled that it's the right time to bring the Babies back for merchandising and preschool television. I have faith in Disney's preschool shows turning that ghastly "derp, let's do what Dora's doing" corner. Lion Guard looks like it could have been a Disney Afternoon show, and much as I love Timon and Pumbaa's series, this was a more faithful recreation of the movie in cartoon series form. Surely this series can be done well and it's in the right hands.
This is great and all, but I'm a bit worried that they're going back to doing kid's stuff instead of also doing things for a whole family.

Last edited:

Schfifty

Reaction score
Interesting to me how the first half of concept art (Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie) is 3D while the last half is 2D. The article states this show would be produced with computer animation, but that could mean either Flash animation or CGI. Maybe they're deciding whether it'll be 2D or 3D? I personally would like if it's Flash.

Considering their proposed ages are running in the 4-6 bracket, and it looks like some of the characters have been aged a bit (Baby Gonzo and Baby Animal look more like toddlers than babies), I'm not so sure that MUPPET BABIES would be entirely appropos. At the risk of rechanneling the spirit of Flintstones and Tom and Jerry, perhaps MUPPET KIDS would be a bit more accurate.
In inspiration from the children's toys brand, how about Muppet Tykes? That could easily fit between "babies" and "kids", and it wouldn't have to follow the long list of ".... Kids" shows (Flintstones, T&J, Oz). Makes it kinda original.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I wonder how things would work for :news: if he was as old as Kermit and the rest of the gang are in this possible series. I'd love to see a clash of Kermit and Newsie trying to do the news. It reminds me of the Muppets Episode where Newsie and Bobo go at each other's throats to get prizes for their daughters (I think)

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Interesting to see that they're workshopping a completely new female character to give the show some balance. Not surprised they wouldn't want to use Skeeter considering the ownership limbo her character is in. I'll be interested to see what comes of this (if anything, this seems pretty early).

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
This probably might work better than Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

mr3urious

Reaction score
This probably might work better than Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
As long as they keep an adventurous, mildly perilous, and witty tone with zero faux-interactivity, then heck yes it would work better. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
While they still air and merchandise MMCH, that show is well in the rear view for Disney. That series where Mickey's a racer sounds like it has potential. I always hate to say this, but that Clubhouse series did breathe new life into Mickey and Co at a time where Disney was only about Pooh, Dalmatians, Pixar's movie of the year (no complaints on that one) and prefab pop star based kid-coms. I'm glad they've since moved onto those great Paul Rudish shorts.

If a New Muppet Babies were coming out about 10 years ago, I'd worry about it being Dora-y. Not anymore. Their line of new preschool series does give me hope, and I'd tend to think we can see that expand into retro baby goods that hopefully younger parents are not too young to have never seen the show growing up and having that attachment. If anything, I can totally see MB working as a line of baby and toddler products.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Not surprised they wouldn't want to use Skeeter considering the ownership limbo her character is in. I'll be interested to see what comes of this (if anything, this seems pretty early).
Ownership limbo? Disney owns the Muppet Babies, including Skeeter.

If you're referring to the trouble they went through to have her be named in The Muppet Show Comic Book, that was really Roger Langridge being unsure whether Disney would approve of Muppet Babies in the comic book series. But he eventually did get approval of having her name be mentioned.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I find the whole Skeeter situation very strange. What I find stranger, is that Since Muppet Babies has been owned by Disney, to my knowledge, they have not aired it, so why would they now want to make more episodes?? Maybe there is some Voice Artist residuals issues, that they want to advoid by starting again?:search:

Status
Not open for further replies.