Sesame Street Season 47 begins shooting, HBO premiere set for January 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He also wrote for Doug. Which...in retrospect is probably why Arthur is so similar to it, especially the imagine spots.
Well, Joe Fallon was head writer during the time Ken was also writing for the show, but Joe, like Ken, was also a writer for DOUG, and that's supposedly what lead to his departure: apparently, he and Marc Brown had creative differences over the direction the show was going in, and Marc felt Joe was trying to turn into more of DOUG expy.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't follow music much. Seems they're using some of that HBO money to go back to regular celebrity appearances, which is also...eh.
I wouldn't say that; there's only 8 celebrity guests this season, as
opposed to, for example, 39 from season 45.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I have to say the new Letter and Number songs are catchy. Also, is Dorothy animated now? I didn't watch the whole clip.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm actually pretty surprised by the person they picked to be the head writer, I would've thought that it would be someone like Ed Valentine because he has a lot of experience writing for kid shows like MLP, Curious George, Bubble Guppies and Doc McStuffins.
Yeah, it's around the same amount as the 46th season. Season 46 had something like 10 or eleven guest stars.
I have to say the new Letter and Number songs are catchy. Also, is Dorothy animated now? I didn't watch the whole clip.
She was animated for that particular segment, but considering it looked like a computer game, I wouldn't be surprised if she's back to being a real fish in some of the later segments.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't get why they didn't promote another one of their long-time staff writers to the position. Joey moved up in the ranks to that position, as did Lou Berger before him. Wouldn't it be more ethical to do it that way?

hehehe

Reaction score
Okay, so I finally watched the new Elmo's World.
My thoughts:
1. It looks GORGEOUS. Absolutely gorgeous. That's first. GREAT visuals.

Now, let's go through, point by point:
1. The new theme song...will take a little getting used to, though I like how it started with the "La la la la....." :smile:

2. Having said that, I love that we now see the World transition in during the theme as Elmo starts imagining it. That's really neat looking.

3. "Guess what Elmo's thinking about today! Wait for it.....wait for it...." LOL! :smile:

4. I loooove the idea behind Smarty. How do you learn about stuff in this new World? You research it. Yes, yes, yes. :smile:
5. The interactive game was a little weird--but hey, gotta get Dorothy in there somehow! :smile:

6. And we can't have the World without the Noodles. Nice touch that they get a house now instead of an empty room. And I har the original Noodile is still around? Cool!

7. Only part I didn't really like was the happy dance dance. I'm thinking they should've at least put the topic in the closing song somehow.

But overall, this was a fun reboot of the World, I think. Can't wait to see what other topics we'll cover!

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's good to know, but it still looks like they're marketing celebrity appearances with the same hard sell.

Anyone else think that Jennifer's one shot Recycling Fairy character sounds like she's either impersonating Wanda from Fairly Oddparents or April Winchell? Seems that's the natural way to go for that kind of character.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw one of the plots being about Elmo not wanting to take a bath and Ernie telling him of the importance of baths. I guess that will be the episode with the new celebrity "Rubber Duckie" montage. And yay, another episode with Ernie in the plot!

I'm really not surprised that they're making new Elmo's World segments, considering they brought it back (in edited form) last season. I guess now when they put out new Elmo's World DVDs once a year we can't complain about the fact that all are on DVD and they keep doing so. With 25 new segments at five minutes each, I wonder if they'll put them all on one DVD. The last few Elmo's World DVDs had eight episodes as part of the main program, which totals 120 minutes (not counting the title sequence or end credits for the video), 25 segments at five minutes would be 125 minutes, only five minutes longer (and they could make one of them a bonus segment). I also wonder if new Elmo's World DVDs would mix the new ones with old ones (whether they be the original 15-minute versions or the recent 7-minute edits).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I saw one of the plots being about Elmo not wanting to take a bath and Ernie telling him of the importance of baths. I guess that will be the episode with the new celebrity "Rubber Duckie" montage. And yay, another episode with Ernie in the plot!
Yay, finally! I really hope Ernie, Bert and the Count get to appear in more street scenes this season, or at least get a line in the episodes they're in and not neglected to background characters.
Anyone else think that Jennifer's one shot Recycling Fairy character sounds like she's either impersonating Wanda from Fairly Oddparents or April Winchell? Seems that's the natural way to go for that kind of character.
I think that's just the way most of Jennifer's characters sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.