Possible Muppet Babies Reboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If you're referring to the trouble they went through to have her be named in The Muppet Show Comic Book, that was really Roger Langridge being unsure whether Disney would approve of Muppet Babies in the comic book series. But he eventually did get approval of having her name be mentioned.
I get the feeling that was a miscommunication that was quickly cleared up, yet Roger having his brand of humor, willfully just kept the gag going until the final issue of the arc. I don't see why it was an issue even with the character usage. Roger made some cryptic remarks about how Statler and Waldorf as the fates were thrown in to make it ambiguous that this was happening or not. I mean, even if the Muppets had a canon, I doubt the comic book was going to be acknowledged anyway. Adult Skeeter is as much a Muppet character as Kismet the Toad, Peg Leg Wilson, and Clint Wacky were. As in, they only exist in comic form.

Skeeter's odd lack of usage has been a thing since the Henson days. They never made her a real character outside of the show, and I tend to think that Disney's Muppet wing wanted to keep that going. That said, if we're asking where Skeeter is in all this, the more apt question is, where is Scooter in all this? The cast list, minus the new sheep character, is basically the main five cast members (read marketable). No Rowlf either. And I'd tend to hope that if this does get made, we'll still see Rowlf and Scooter and hopefully other baby/toddler versions of the Muppets, even if they're occasional recurring characters.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I wouldn't really mind if Bobbi Baba were to replace Skeeter, as she was pretty much a gender-flipped version of her brother meant to fill a character archetype at a time where so many cartoons were doing those kinds of kid ensembles with stock personalities. However, Bobbi seems to be an outspoken artistic type, making her different from Skeeter in that department, so we can't accuse her of being an expy.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
No rowlf or scooter
I mean it if there is a baby Walter I'll scream

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't really mind if Bobbi Baba were to replace Skeeter, as she was pretty much a gender-flipped version of her brother meant to fill a character archetype at a time where so many cartoons were doing those kinds of kid ensembles with stock personalities. However, Bobbi seems to be an outspoken artistic type, making her different from Skeeter in that department, so we can't accuse her of being an expy.
Yeah. Those 80's cartoons always needed to have a sporty type and a nerd type. Scooter filled the latter and a new character was created to fill out the former. That's clearly why Janice was overlooked when trying to add more female roles to the show. Annie Sue as well, but she's someone only the die hard Muppet Show fans would have noticed anyway.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That said, if we're asking where Skeeter is in all this, the more apt question is, where is Scooter in all this? The cast list, minus the new sheep character, is basically the main five cast members (read marketable). No Rowlf either. And I'd tend to hope that if this does get made, we'll still see Rowlf and Scooter and hopefully other baby/toddler versions of the Muppets, even if they're occasional recurring characters.
Rowlf, Scooter, and Skeeter were all also left out of packaging artwork on the old Muppet Babies videos put out by Jim Henson Video as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Rowlf, Scooter, and Skeeter were all also left out of packaging artwork on the old Muppet Babies videos put out by Jim Henson Video as well.
I can see why they'd do something like that for merchandising sake, but I'm wondering if being left out of the series treatment means they're going to be there at all.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Since I can't edit my post... Why not do what Baby Looney Tunes did? Have the babies visit different location and meet other babies. You have what, over a dozen characters from the Muppets who could have grown up on a farm. Nanny gets all the babies together in a bus, drives to a farm to have them hang out, meet Camilla, Annie Sue, the Jug Huggers, Clueless Morgan, Rufus, Beauregard and have Gramps from the Jug Huggers be the care taker of the babies of the farm? Have the babies visit a 'haunted house' where Tamilla is the care taker and has like, Thog, Droop, Uncle Deadly, and Sweetums?

Status
Not open for further replies.