Favorite Non-Henson TV Shows

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Shows I want to watch more of:
M*A*S*H
SEINFELD
You make it sound like I'm being a bad influence on you. :stick_out_tongue:

But if I may make a suggestion, like we did when recommending which seasons of SEINFELD to watch, I'd say definitely watch any of the first seven seasons of M*A*S*H, but avoid the last three at all costs: by then, the show got really dark and preachy, and it just wasn't fun anymore. The first seven seasons are enjoyable, and in fact, they get better each season because less and less network interference meant less and less really silly sitcomy fluff. Oh, and be mindful of cast changes over those seasons.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
You make it sound like I'm being a bad influence on you. :stick_out_tongue:
Well, I think it was partially you and also I had already been planning to watch them for a couple of years now, I just hadn't gotten around to it.
But if I may make a suggestion, like we did when recommending which seasons of SEINFELD to watch, I'd say definitely watch any of the first seven seasons of M*A*S*H, but avoid the last three at all costs: by then, the show got really dark and preachy, and it just wasn't fun anymore. The first seven seasons are enjoyable, and in fact, they get better each season because less and less network interference meant less and less really silly sitcomy fluff. Oh, and be mindful of cast changes over those seasons.
Well, i'll have to see how far I get in the show first. If I make it past the first seven seasons then i'll decide from there how emotionally scarred I want to be.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm making some minor changes to my list:

• BOB'S BURGERS
  • PARKS AND RECREATION
  • HARVEY BEAKS
  • DOCTOR WHO
  • SHERLOCK
  • ADVENTURE TIME
  • STEVEN UNIVERSE
  • ROCKO'S MODERN LIFE
  • HEY ARNOLD!
  • COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG
  • THE POWERPUFF GIRLS (the original 1998-2005 version)
  • RUGRATS
  • RECESS
  • ANIMANIACS
  • BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES
  • THE FAIRLY ODD PARENTS (Seasons 1-4)
  • THE SIMPSONS (Seasons 1- 8)
  • FOSTER'S HOME FOR IMAGINARY FRIENDS
  • ARTHUR (Seasons 1-4)
All the shows that are not on the list anymore are simply because they're not quite my favorites anymore, I still like them but they're just not my favorites. Also, 'Bob's Burgers' and 'Parks and Rec' are now my two favorite shows. And I freakin' love The Simpsons now.

Shows I want to watch more of:
M*A*S*H
SEINFELD

Shows I used to like but don't anymore:
I used to watch a lot of older shows like The Beverly Hillbillies, Leave it to Beaver etc, but I guess those shows don't quite hold my attention much anymore. That being said they're still okay shows and I occasionally watch them if nothing else is on TV. Plus, I still like the black and white seasons of Bewitched.
Also, this week I started watching "Harvey Birdman:Attorney at Law" and I love it, it's definitely one of my favorites at the moment.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have a new favorite show:The Walking Dead. I don't generally like zombie shows but I watched the first 3 seasons and I absolutely adore it! I can't get enough of those characters and plot, :big_grin:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Shows on TV and the Internet that I currently watch (at least occasionally):

-The Big Bang Theory
-Bob's Burgers
-Family Guy
-The Simpsons
-The Walking Dead
-Gotham
-Firefly
-Robot Chicken
-Happy Tree Friends
-American Dad
-The Cleveland Show
-The Last Man on Earth
-Futurama
-The I.T. Crowd
-Clarence
-We Bare Bears
-Teen Titans (original series)
-Milo Murphy's Law
-Saturday Night Live
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
-Beavis and Butt-Head
-King of the Hill
-Geeking Out
-Mythbusters
-First Impressions
-Whose Line Is It Anyway?
-Regular Show
-Gravity Falls
-Ridiculousness
-Teen Titans Go
-Smosh
-Epic Rap Battles of History
-The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
-Henry Ford's Innovation Nation
-The Graham Norton Show
-Speechless
-Mad
-Bad Lip Reading
-Moone Boy
-Star vs. Forces of Evil
-Steven Universe
-Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
-Brain Games
-King of the Nerds
-The Quest
-Wabbit
-The Looney Tunes Show
-Doodle Toons (A cute little YouTube show about a rabbit named Bellybutton)
-In Living Color
-Wallace and Gromit
-America's Funniest Home Videos
-Stan Lee's Super Humans
-AAAHH! Real Monsters
-Looney Tunes
-The Nostalgia Critic
-Asdfmovie
-Good Mythical Morning
-SuperMarioLogan
-Simon's Cat
-Mrs. Brown's Boys
-Family Feud
-Wendell and Vinnie
-Jeopardy
-Mankind:The Story of All of Us
-Roots (2016 miniseries)
-The Bible (2013 miniseries)
-Phineas and Ferb
-Epic Rap Battle Parodies
-America:The Birth of a Nation (miniseries)
-Blue Collar Comedy
-Lilo and Stitch:The Series
-Stitch! (Lilo and Stitch anime)
-The Crocodile Hunter
-CMT Country Music Videos

Between that and all the video games I play, I apparently have no life, :frown:.

Last edited:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have a new favorite show:The Walking Dead. I don't generally like zombie shows but I watched the first 3 seasons and I absolutely adore it! I can't get enough of those characters and plot, :big_grin:.
I don't like this show anymore, the new episode made me want to cry and vomit at the same time. I'm going to stick to comedies and superhero/fantasy shows for a while, :stick_out_tongue:.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I don't like this show anymore, the new episode made me want to cry and vomit at the same time. I'm going to stick to comedies and superhero/fantasy shows for a while, :stick_out_tongue:.
That's a bummer. My parents watched two episodes of it and they did not like it at all. Same with The Big Bang Theory.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
That's a bummer. My parents watched two episodes of it and they did not like it at all. Same with The Big Bang Theory.
I love Big Bang Theory but Walking Dead made me want to cry like a baby, a well known character got killed off this week, :frown:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I love Big Bang Theory but Walking Dead made me want to cry like a baby, a well known character got killed off this week, :frown:.
To be honest I didn't like The Big Bang Theory at first either. I simply heard the name and thought it was a show about atheism and the characters were against God. You might not know this about me, but I don't like religious humor. That's why whenever I watch Family Guy, The Simpsons, Robot Chicken, and all those adult cartoons, I always either change the channel, mute the TV, or take a bathroom break when they start making fun of Jesus. But then I found out that it has nothing to do with the actual Big Bang Theory and now I like it.

Last edited: