Skits that made you kind of sad

SmartTina

Reaction score
I have no idea why, but THIS one I can never get through without a Kleenex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOh4wPIYRog

But it's not sad really. Just really touching and sweet.
Almost forgot about this one...and yep, I'm currently a sniveling mess. But still happy you posted about it, in a weird way.

I recently rediscovered "Two Little Girls And A Little Dollhouse" and was a mess for days. But my hands-down number-one Sesame Cry Fest of all time is an old animated one I haven't seen since I was little. It involves a guy playing guitar in the woods, and I seem to remember a bird tweeting along. Eventually he sees someone with a chainsaw cutting trees down in the distance and starts to cry. This one ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED ME as a child...I even remember a day where I was riding in a car with my mother - couldn't have been older than 4 or 5 - and I just randomly started thinking of it and just burst into tears. She had to pull over to tend to me...it was pretty bad. The sadist in me almost wants to find it, but at the same time I'd hate to think of how I'd react as an adult.

I've been trying to get to the bottom of why all these Sesame Street skits, even now as an adult, make me bawl. I'm totally stumped, but it certainly helps that I'm not alone!

Sesamo2012

Reaction score
I think this is the sad when i saw a skit of Kermit the frog trying to get a t shirt from the store the sad part was that he tried to get that shirt but they did not have it till thursday, i have that happen before what a way to do so much work.

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
It's a skit from 'Christmas Eve on Sesame Street' that makes me sad. It's where Bert and Ernie have to give up their prized possessions to get a gift for each other.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's a skit from 'Christmas Eve on Sesame Street' that makes me sad. It's where Bert and Ernie have to give up their prized possessions to get a gift for each other.
Oh definitely, especially when Bert asks if he can still come and see his "paper clip c....c...nevermind...::sigh::"

::sniff:: :frown: So touching!

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Don't forget Jerry Juhl.

We also lost Jerry Juhl in 2005. So that would have been 6 J's.

R.I.P. Joe Raposo (1937-1989), Jim Henson (1936-1990), Jonathan Stone (1931-1997), Jeff Moss (1942-1998), Jerry Juhl (1938-2005), and Jim Thurman (1935-2007).:cry:
Now it is going to 7 J's because we recently lost Jerry Nelson.

jasonsesame

Reaction score
One that made me sad is the one where Grover's mouth is stuck closed because he had been eating peanut butter. He keeps saying "mmmmmmmm" because it is all he can say.

Herbert Birdsfoot comes along and thinks Grover is making the sound of the letter M. He begins saying M words and tells Grover to make the mmmmmmm sound before each word, which Grover does.

Towards the end, Birdsfoot realizes that Grover's mouth is stuck and helps him get it unstuck. He then leaves, and Grover's mouth becomes stuck again with no one around to help. Grover then sighs and looks sadly at the camera.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
There have been quite a few moments on the show that have made me sad. Here's one that really sticks out:

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Another sad moment I can think of Cookie Monster having a very emotional nightmare of meeting a giant talking cookie (Who is addressed as "The Monster Cookie"), He tells Cookie Monster a sad story about how he became that way, His cookie only diet cause him to become a cookie. And sadly regrets on not eating healthier treats at all. And Cookie Monster sadly woke up from his dream and vows to never eat cookies again. And started eating more healthier treats.

I also remember this game show sketch called "The Crying Game Show" with host, Sonny Friendly. The contestants are Luke Warm, Ida Normer, and Pierre Blue. In the sketch, Sonny Friendly tells a sad story to a contestant. And who ever cries the hardest, will win the grand prize. However, The grand prize turned out to be an official "Sonny Friendly Teddy Bear". Sonny Friendly denies the grand prize by crying the hardest ("I LOVE MY TEDDY BEAR, YOU CAN'T DO THAT!") and thus, Wins the game. The audience did not even get a chance to vote on which contestant cried the hardest. And Sonny Friendly caused the contestant to sob in failure as the announcer blurts "There is no consolation prize!" And Sonny Friendly remarks while holding his teddy bear, "Well, I guess we all can't be winners. Until then, This is America's 2nd favorite game show host, Sonny Friendly saying, We will see you next time, on The Crying Game Show!" And then he remarks to his teddy bear "Oh, Teddy, It's so good to have you back!" and kisses it.

Luke kun

Reaction score

The music is too beautiful and reminds me of Attack of the Friday Monsters. It'd be enough to make even Bob cry, considering it is computer animated and I associate computer animation with ReBoot.

I'm really depressed right now, too. Sometimes I hate being 14. It doesn't help that I'm a girl. I'm living off ReBoot right now.