Halloween is just around the corner

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So, um. I saw something really odd today:

That's right, a "Munsters" autotune "rock opera" special. This is an actual thing that aired on TV. It's basically as bad as it sounds.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's one of the worst examples of autotune I've ever heard - it's like they tried to Jersey the show up!

(Reference for those who don't get it):

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That's one of the worst examples of autotune I've ever heard - it's like they tried to Jersey the show up!

(Reference for those who don't get it):
Wow, I guess if you can make money off a rubber band, you can make money off anything. Why haven't we all created our own products yet?

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I actually had an idea for an invention: they always tell you to use microfiber cloth to clean glasses, because if you use anything else (say, paper towels, toilet paper, or any material that originated from wood), you risk damaging and scratching the lenses. That's all well and good, but sometimes it's difficult to clean the area of your lenses right underneath where the nosepieces protrude out, so I had an idea: microfiber swabs! For easier cleaning underneath the nosepieces! But apparently, that's already been invented, so, there goes that idea, lol.

And in all seriousness? I've been seeing these sponges in the cleaning aisle at the stores that have smiley faces cut into them? I heartell those had to be invented, and were actually featured on that SHARKTANK show or whatever it's called.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's right, a "Munsters" autotune "rock opera" special. This is an actual thing that aired on TV. It's basically as bad as it sounds.
I'd make a joke about the animated "movie" cartoon pilot, but it's actually not too bad. I posted it in another thread, but here it is in condensed to half hour form.

Other than the condensation to fit the time slot, it's not horrible, especially from the 70's. But you know if this thing made it to series, it would just be the teenagers and Herman and Grandpa would barely be in it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Of course Al Lewis would be the only one reprising his role from the original series - he so loved being Grandpa and would exploit it any chance he got, as we've seen here:

scooterfan360

Reaction score
speaking of grandpa, don't you think that the actor who played the late night scary movie host in gremlins 2 the new batch, is the spiting image of AL Lewis ? i swear, if they did a made for TV movie, about behind the scenes of the monsters , he would have fit the part of AL Lewis.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know how you feel, once it becomes October, I usually can't wait for this day to arrive (slightly OT, but it's certainly one of my favorite days for my SST scale model), but now that it's finally here, it will only be a matter of time before it's all over, so I kind of hope the day will pass super slow today.

On the other hand, come tomorrow, it will be kind of nice to take a breather from heavy holiday decor for about a month till December (not to say I don't have any Thanksgiving decor, it's just not nearly as abundent as the Halloween and Christmas decor I have).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It's 7:30 pm Eastern Time, and we only got a handful of trick or treater's. One vampire, two Ninja Turtles, not one princess.
Last year when Halloween was on a Saturday, they were coming in droves. This year, the weather is nice, but hardly anybody.

Here's what I'll do. I got three bags of M&M's, a bag each of Milky Way and Snickers, and white chocolate Kit Kat's. Next kid who comes to the door, winner take all. Like hitting the lottery. Fill up your Halloween bag with enough sugar to put you into a rush until Christmas.
Anybody that comes after him? Them's the breaks. You snooze, you lose.