West Nile, Swine Flu, Meningitis, and Sequelitis

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since it's becoming more commonplace to sequel movies from years past, we ought to have a new KANGAROO JACK sequel, just so we can have a scene like this:

CHARLIE: Man, Louis, you have really lost weight, man.
LOUIS: Yeah, but what about you? I mean, you a big-time hairdresser and you still wearin' yo hair like that?
KANGAROO JACK: Hold up now, are we goin' through this again? Where I'm completely an afterthought for the sake of reeling in kids?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The fact the first thing the article mentions is how much of a hit the PITCH PERFECTS are still just baffles me, when you consider they're virtually a rip-off of GLEE. How often do you see a rip-off that obtains nearly as much success as what it ripped off? Well . . . NEW GIRL became far more successful than the series it ripped off, MY BOYS, which only lasted two seasons.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Other than the fact TMNT and X-Men were basically made to be franchises, they didn't exactly make sequels out of good films this year. Huntsman 2 was unnecessary and made purely out of spite to Kristen Stewart, comedy sequels are either all in or nothing, Zoolander 2 was released opposite a movie that wasn't that much of a surprise hit, and Alice 2 really didn't need to be. And opening opposite X-Men was just passive aggressive. Seriously Disney... you ain't never getting X-Men back from Fox.

TMNT fans probably didn't have patience for that continuity continuing, despite being a better TMNT movie. And X-Men Apocalypse got bad word of mouth, especially since the well received 3 movies before it (including Deadpool which outgrossed the entire series). But this isn't an exclusive to this year. Kids refused to go back to Smurfs a second time (then again, it opened opposite like 3 or 4 kids movies when the first one didn't), MMW didn't get the love or attention that TM did. Ted 2 was treated like crap for some reason (to be fair, yeah it wasn't quite as good as the first one, but they had a logical follow up that wasn't a retread of the first one). And on the other hand, it's not like this year's movies were exclusively sequel avoidance. Unless it had a comic book character from Marvel or DC, or was a Disney cartoon, no one really flocked to anything this year. I don't see why "sequelitis" is to play here when I'm guessing no one thought any of these were important enough to actually see in theaters, rather than wait 2 and a half years to put it on their Netflix queue and never get around to/watch to kill time on the train to work on a phone like the directors intended.

That said...we don't *^&%%$ need a Pitch Perfect 3!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm not 100% on the concept, though. Kinda wish they'd've done the Fix it Felix Sr. plotline they were talking about.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm not 100% on the concept, though. Kinda wish they'd've done the Fix it Felix Sr. plotline they were talking about.
It's very vague at this moment, but it seems like they're going to satirize online and mobile games with the sequel, the latter of which especially needs to be taken down a peg.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Avatar (the movie about the blue people) has been confirmed to get 2 sequels. I saw the movie when I was a tween and really liked it, but I think that two sequels being confirmed AT THE SAME TIME is a bit much. But either way, I will probably watch both of them as well as Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Toy Story 4, Rogue One, Assassin's Creed, and the Happy Tree Friends movie. Those are all sequels and remakes I'm looking forward to which reminds me, we need a "Sequel Rave" thread don't we?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Avatar (the movie about the blue people) has been confirmed to get 2 sequels. I saw the movie when I was a tween and really liked it, but I think that two sequels being confirmed AT THE SAME TIME is a bit much. But either way, I will probably watch both of them as well as Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Toy Story 4, Rogue One, Assassin's Creed, and the Happy Tree Friends movie.
Ol' Jimmy Cameron was planning on sequels from the beginning, actually. So I'm not surprised by this news.