Sesame Street Season 48 begins shooting, HBO premiere set for November 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So, while season 47 is premiering in January 2017, the following season, the 48th season began filming this week. https://twitter.com/welcomemattv/status/793071859411615744/photo/1

So so far here's what we know:

Simon Soundman will be returning:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMSXtmjgnXS/?taken-by=frankiecordero

Yesterday they filmed a segment of some kind in which Alan sings "People in Your Neighborhood"

Also, Matt Vogel is doing a series of live behind the scenes videos every week on Facebook during the filming of the season. In the series, he's going back stage and plans to show the fans things they don't normally see. This video features Matt, Stephanie D'Abruzzo, Carmen Osbahr, Peter Linz and several others in the Muppet green room:

cahuenga

Reaction score
I wonder if the classic actors will return for season 48. It looks they are recasting old characters like simon soundman, Biff and sully, and Herry, here its a video of a couple of weeks ago, from a sesame puppeter workshop...and Herry speaks...

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That was at a Future of Storytelling conference. Peter makes a nice Herry.
Ah, so that's who it was. I wonder if this was a case of the other performers not being available or if SW actually plans to start using him again. Because it seems like a pretty random choice otherwise.

In any case, Peter Linz did a very good job, and if Herry does rejoin the cast, it would be great for Peter to finally have a character on the show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The voice is okay, but something about the mannerisms and inflexions, to me anyway, have a slight Cookie Monster vibe to them, I think.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Awesome! Herry is back! And Peter Linz is doing a fine job voicing him!

I feel that Matt Vogel is getting into his role as The Count a little more this time. I've noticed that he gives him a bit more manic energy compared to Jerry Nelson.

gravy

Reaction score
Never in my life would I ever think that Peter Linz would voice Herry. It's pretty close to Jerry's version if you listen closely, but for the first few seconds it just sounds like
a slight Cookie Monster vibe to the voice.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I find it strange that they're apparently bringing back a number of classic, old school characters (Biff and Sully, Herry, Simon Soundman, et al) after such a big deal was made about the reduction of Muppets on the show.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I wonder if the classic actors will return for season 48. It looks they are recasting old characters like simon soundman, Biff and sully, and Herry, here its a video of a couple of weeks ago, from a sesame puppeter workshop...and Herry speaks...

I just amazed how Peter's Herry sounds so much like Jerry's. No disrespect to Tyler but, Peter sounds so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.