When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Warning: D'Snowth is about to step up on the soap box again and deliver another Drtooth-esque post, so if you don't want to incur a lengthy rant that delves into the subjects of religion and politics, then don't pass the following dotted line.

You have been warned.

I am sick and fed up with conservatives always blaming liberals of being an atheistic, godless horde, when in fact, liberals are actually far more Christlike than most conservatives are.

Now, granted, I know there actually is a vast percentage of liberals out there who are, indeed, atheist or agnostic, and that's probably where conservatives are getting this stigma from . . . but not all liberals are such, and in fact, these Left Christians, who do indeed exist, are far more accurate representatives of Christ than these God-fearing, Bible-thumping, holier-than-thou, fire-and-brimstone conservatives claim to be! Because here's the thing: you know what liberals do? They embrace different walks of life. Matter of fact, doesn't it seem like a nice connection that the term "liberal" is similar to the term "liberate"? Liberals make an effort to liberate people of other cultures, creeds, orientations, backgrounds, what have you from the persecutions they face from other people who refuse to accept them as people who were put on this earth with purposes (which would mostly be conservatives). This is what Jesus Christ Himself did when He walked the earth: He reached out to people of different walks of life, people who were otherwise shunned by their peers; He reached out to leppers, He reached out to prostitutes, He reached out to the lame, the handicap, the disabled, anyone who needed Him, He reached out them.

Many conservatives don't do any of that. I'm not saying that all conservatives are like the infamous Westboro Baptist Church, but many of them are essentially Westboro Lite. They spend so much time doing the exact opposite of what Jesus stood for. They attack gay people for being gay, they attack black people because they think they're all thugs, they attack Muslims because they think they're all Islamic terrorists, they attack poor people because they think they're lazy, they attack people of other culture because they believe they don't belong in our world . . . liberals don't any of that. How can conservatives call themselves Christian when they spread so much hate? God is not about hate. God did not put us on this earth to hate one another, Christians are supposed to embrace one another, because God created us all in His image. God does not hate any group of people, He loves all mankind. What God does hate is sin - but that does not mean that He hates sinners, because He doesn't. And of course, conservatives justify their hatred by quoting Scripture: "well, the Bible says this," "the Bible says that." Yeah, I know what the Bible says, I've read the Bible . . . and in fact, let me jog some memories of certain passages from the Scripture. The Gospel According to Matthew quotes Jesus as saying these things to us: 7:1 says, "Judge not, that you be not judged." 7:12 says, "So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law of the Prophets." This is Matthew quoting Jesus as telling us not to be judgemental of other people, and to treat other people in the same manner that we expect said other people to treat us. I see more liberals doing this than conservatives; I see more conservatives spreading hate than anything. So, what does the Bible say about hate? Leviticus 19:17 says, "You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him." This is God basically telling us that hating other people is essentially allowing yourself to let your hatred wallow in sin. There's also a proverb about hatred: 10:12 says, "Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses." Basically, we're to love people and look past whatever flaws or faults they may have, because those flaws and faults matter not. Shall we move onto the subject of love now? Going back to Leviticus, 19:18 says, "You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the Lord." Or, to put it more plainly: don't be hatin' on other people, love them instead. Matthew once again quotes Jesus in 5:44, saying, "But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." Well, once again, that's an area that conservatives seem to be a little foggy in. Yes, I know that Christians face persecution for their faith - even I have endured such by actual godless, atheistic bullies - but we're not supposed to let those kinds of people get us down . . . conservatives seem to be blowing this way out of proportion, though, if the DUCK DYNASTY family is any indication of that. The Gospel According to John perhaps sums it up best with this quote from Jesus in 13:34: "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love on another."

So there you go: Jesus Christ Himself told us that He loves us (as in all of us), and therefore, we are to do the same with one another. And again, who does this moreso: liberals or conservatives? The fact that the latter seems to always spread racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, and pretty much the same ideals that Trump has openly displayed, I say the former does this moreso. I don't see liberals going around hating on groups of people who aren't wealthy, middle-aged, white males. So just remember, when conservatives go around blasting liberals for being an atheistic, godless horde, their the ones who are actually following Christ's example moreso than the conservatives who say otherwise.

At this point, D'Snowth has now stepped down from his soap box, and is going to bed. Whatever the reaction to this rant is, he has spoken his mind, and is leaving it at that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Aw, you guys are awesome. Yeah, I do have to wait just a couple more years though if that's the requirement.
Seriously, heralde, you should run! I was watching Seth Meyers's emotional post-election opening monologue about how he was so hoping we'd make history by having our first woman president, but on the bright side is that for other women out there who aspire to run, any one of them could be the one to make history by being our first female president. That could be you. You don't play on just one side of the fence like the two major parties do, and you're more in touch with the common people than any politician (or Drumph, for that matter) is, because you know what it's like to be a common people. You could very well be the one who not only makes history by being our first lady president, but by being the first lady president who actually fixes and repairs our nation.

kanye pest ha ha ha! you kill me with these names. i don't think he is serious about running for president.
No, but you know who was serious about running? Ted Williams. The homeless man with the golden voice. He ran this election (didn't get very far, though). Now there's someone who definitely would have gotten my vote: he knows the struggles, he knows what it's like to be at rock bottom and to have absolutely nothing - most of these politicians are either born into wealth, or inherit it, and otherwise have no real idea just what the struggles of middle and working class really are.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Seriously, heralde, you should run! I was watching Seth Meyers's emotional post-election opening monologue about how he was so hoping we'd make history by having our first woman president, but on the bright side is that for other women out there who aspire to run, any one of them could be the one to make history by being our first female president. That could be you. You don't play on just one side of the fence like the two major parties do, and you're more in touch with the common people than any politician (or Drumph, for that matter) is, because you know what it's like to be a common people. You could very well be the one who not only makes history by being our first lady president, but by being the first lady president who actually fixes and repairs our nation.

No, but you know who was serious about running? Ted Williams. The homeless man with the golden voice. He ran this election (didn't get very far, though). Now there's someone who definitely would have gotten my vote: he knows the struggles, he knows what it's like to be at rock bottom and to have absolutely nothing - most of these politicians are either born into wealth, or inherit it, and otherwise have no real idea just what the struggles of middle and working class really are.
yeah, he should run in 2020, he would make a great president.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Aw, you guys are awesome. Yeah, I do have to wait just a couple more years though if that's the requirement.
i will vote for you, if you get elected, please don't cut social security, and medicare. and please add dental care coverage to it, a lot of people can't afford dental care.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Social security was supposed to have been bankrupt by now. Back when it was introduced during the Depression, it was supposed to be just a temporary fix. FDR never dreamed people would be depending on it so much just to get by.
With 60 million Baby Boomers reaching retirement age and living longer, I thought the pot would've been depleted by now.

One person who should not be entitled to one penny of Social Security is Hillary. "We were broke when we left the White House".
Well, in 15 years you managed to build up $150 million. If you can't get by on that, shame on you.
I was broke in 2001 as well. After years of struggle and sacrifice, I worked my way up to being poor. And still had Social Security taken out of every check. So Mrs. Clinton, you ain't living off MY dime!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Seriously, heralde, you should run! I was watching Seth Meyers's emotional post-election opening monologue about how he was so hoping we'd make history by having our first woman president, but on the bright side is that for other women out there who aspire to run, any one of them could be the one to make history by being our first female president.
Oh cool, yeah I'll check that out. Yeah I mean that's the one good thing. Down the line we might get a first female President without so much baggage. :wink:

No, but you know who was serious about running? Ted Williams. The homeless man with the golden voice. He ran this election (didn't get very far, though).
Wait, he did?

most of these politicians are either born into wealth, or inherit it, and otherwise have no real idea just what the struggles of middle and working class really are.
How true that is.

i will vote for you, if you get elected, please don't cut social security, and medicare. and please add dental care coverage to it, a lot of people can't afford dental care.
Oh definitely, I have too many friends who can't afford dental care.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wait, he did?
Yeah, he didn't get very far though. But, he said he figured if somebody with absolutely no governmental background and no political experience like Donald Trump could run for president, then he could too. But again, I don't believe he got beyond planning his campaign.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Old wounds are being reopened - that whole nontroversy last year about it suddenly being politically-incorrect to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" because America is supposed to be a country where everybody automatically celebrates Christmas is . . . nontroversial again this year, because apparently the GAP has decided that . . . this needs to be a thing again this year.