When you need to rant...

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I know I'm late to the party for all the presidential talk, but I find it bad that only Republicans and Democrats get the votes. In a lot of other countries, pretty much anyone can become president (or one of the similar positions) but in the US, if you're not a Republican or a Democrat you better not get your hopes up.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's pretty much why I see almost no point in having all of these so-called "third parties," because it's not like they exist anyway. I mean, they do, but they're essentially tossed aside so Republicans and Democrats can have all the focus on them. I never know anything about third party candidates, because they're never given any focus - I never see any campaigns for them, nor do I ever see them giving speeches or talking about where they stand on issues, or anything of that nature.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's pretty much why I see almost no point in having all of these so-called "third parties," because it's not like they exist anyway. I mean, they do, but they're essentially tossed aside so Republicans and Democrats can have all the focus on them. I never know anything about third party candidates, because they're never given any focus - I never see any campaigns for them, nor do I ever see them giving speeches or talking about where they stand on issues, or anything of that nature.
Bernie was the closest to a Third Party candidate and the DNC pretty much edged him out so Hillary would get the nomination. I think Bernie had a better chance of beating Trump, personally.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, my concern with Bernie is that he looks like he could just drop dead any minute. He reminds me of our old family doctor: he was well into his 80s, practicing since he was twenty-one, and he literally just dropped dead one day a few years ago.

But yeah, with all the support I saw Bernie getting from, well, just about everybody, I can't understand how Hillary got the nomination over him, unless they were just that dead-set on making history since Hillary would be the first woman president.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
They were; I think WikiLeaks or some other website proved that Hillary was going to run for president no matter what people decided.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I can't understand how Hillary got the nomination over him, unless they were just that dead-set on making history since Hillary would be the first woman president.
Well yeah, it worked for Obama, I think they figured it would work for "The First Woman President" too. But Hillary just doesn't come across as any kind of oppressed person, lol. She was called an establishment candidate, which is so obviously true, and all she can say is, "Wha?! I'm not the establishment...cause uh...I'm a woman!" Lame, Hillary, rully lame. :flirt:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, my main problem with Hillary was Bill. I mean, Bill was a decent president - promiscuity aside - but I feel as if Hillary hasn't really made any kind of major accomplishment without his influence, and I got the feeling that a Hillary presidency would essentially be a puppet presidency with Bill pulling the strings from above.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So they have one of the arsonists in custody, and he finally revealed his motive behind causing these wildfires (not the ones in Gatlinburg, mind you, but ones that have been burning in the region for months now): he was bored.

What can you even say about that? Who does that?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've touched on this recently, but I didn't really go too deep into it, but now I am, and this is a serious rant, because this is suddenly becoming a growing problem, and from the perspective of someone like myself, this is somewhat sad and ridiculous.

So anyway, there's huge YouTube channels that are belly-aching over things that they clearly take for granted that smaller YouTube channels sadly need.

Most recently, PewDiePie is complaining about how his channel is tanking and that he's losing views . . . despite having nearly 5,000,000 subscribers . . . in fact, he's suggesting that if this keeps up, he's going to delete the channel by the time he does reach an even 5,000,000 subscribers. His reasonings are that YouTube has been screwing with everybody's subscriptions by making them harder and harder to actually access, all the while constantly throwing recommended and trending videos at us instead. Now, he actually does have a point here, as this has been one of many ongoing problems that YouTube has been having for years now, and it has been affecting everybody - I certainly find it frustrating when I find new videos from channels I'm subscribed to day, weeks, or even months after the fact because I never saw subscription updates for them when they were uploaded. But here's the thing: for a huge channel that has millions and millions of subscribers, a loss like that is barely a dent for them; for a smaller channel like mine, that went from over a hundred views within twenty-four hours of a new upload to less than twenty within the first week of a new upload, that kind of loss is far more significant, because for a smaller channel that doesn't get a lot of exposure, every little bit helps. Bigger channels are totally oblivious to this, because they have the kind of luxuries that are only available to them - like tags, for example: bigger channels keep telling people to make use of their tags to make sure they get picked up by YouTube's search engine, well, that may work for them, but YouTube has retired tags for smaller channels, so it doesn't matter what tags a smaller channel uses on videos, they won't be picked up by search results. And again, something else I recently brought up too, is how so many of these bigger channels are always practically begging, pleading, and groveling for more subscribers when they've already got more than they know what to do with: "PLZ HELP ME REACH 1M! PLZ HELP ME REACH 3M! PLZ, I NEED MORE SUBS! PLZ SUB! PLZ! SUB SUB SUB!" Yet, smaller channels can't do this, because they're somehow shameless and desperate if they do. It's not too different from how rich people always want more money, and they get it because they're entitled to it, but if working class people want more money, they're accused of being lazy and not working for it. Aren't double standards fun?

So, again, for big channels to whine about problems that aren't really even problems for them, but really are problems for smaller channels, it's laughable - but not in a, "ha-ha," kind of way, more of a, "Seriously, are you kidding me?" sort of way.