The Best CGI Films in Recent Memory... And more

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll also admit, say what you will about Bayformers and Baynage Baytant Baynja Baytles, they certainly didn't skimp on the CGI. If only the quality of writing and direction was as good as how the Transformers looked.

But Jungle Book was a beautiful looking film. No wonder it stayed at the top for so long. I quite enjoyed it, it was a bit slow at times, but it was the only live action Disney remake/prequel/whatever of a Disney animated movie that looked like something that would appeal to me. Jungle Book is one of my favorite Disney movies, after all. And you couldn't go wrong with Bill Murray as Baloo. And surprisingly, Christopher Walken was amazing as Louie.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I know 'Frozen' is generally regarded as overrated by most, and 'The Good Dinosaur' gets a pretty mixed reception. But considering most films have at least two writers but each of those films only had one screenwiter each (Meg LaFauve wrote TGD, Jennifer Lee wrote Frozen) it makes the movies all the more impressive.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The reception to Good Dinosaur bugs the heck out of me. It is indeed a good film, it's just treated like crap because it's Pixar doing a low key, different film than usual. I like the departure. Not everything has to be as big and bold as Inside Out and Toy Story. The original direction GD was taking was much more in line with those sorts of Pixar films, but quite honestly, the massive changes they made in the movie's tone and casting made it all the better a film. It's just never going to get the respect it deserves.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Hopes up for The Intruder III being as good as the first two! Hopefully we'll get a TOM 6... and a SARA 4 with a body!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Not CGI but I really enjoyed The Justice League vs. Teen Titans, I liked the plot about the Teen Titans and Justice League teaming up to defeat Raven's demonic father, Trigon.