TV Alert: The Muppets at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Loved it! Among the best parade openings ever! Maybe my favorite! The Electric Mayhem's rendition of "Twist and Shout" made me want to get and and dance! I liked how they revamped "Hey, A Movie!" to fit the parade.

mr3urious

Reaction score
That was definitely a fun opening, with a lot of different characters getting screen time. The Electric Mayhem were great with their cover of "Twist and Shout", too. Really could have done better with the sound mix during Piggy and Tony Bennett's performance, though; very unprofessional and inexcusable for a large network such as NBC.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I'm so glad Rowlf the Dog is included. He's so cute and cuddly. Sigh. I hope my cute and cuddly habit doesn't bother you all.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I am a little curious what is going on with Steve's availability, since he didn't seem to have any character-voicing presence in the parade or the promotional material (it wouldn't have been too hard to have someone else do Beaker and Waldorf). Anyway, I was expecting a short opening number, but got a performance by the Electric Mayhem and closing with Miss Piggy. Great to see some Muppet action in the parade again! I also thought I read somewhere that the Kermit balloon would be back, which it wasn't...