TV Alert: Sesame Street at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That, plus Bob and Gordon and Luis were "let go" at the end of Season 46 earlier this year, so that could also explain their absence.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't know they used alternate puppeteers for this appearance. It makes sense since I know Eric was performing Miss Piggy and Fozzie for the Muppet show Muppet appearances. I guess the other regulars weren't available either. I'm sure they had the regular puppeteers for the voices because as we often mention here, songs are pre-recorded. It did sound like Carroll as Big Bird.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I know this isn't the first time cast members have been absent but, I was a little worried about Chris not being there. Last time cast members were missing it turned out to be a bad sign, plus I haven't really seen him in any behind the scenes stuff for season 48 yet, but then again, not that much has surfaced from that season so i'm probably just being paranoid.
Chris never does the parades.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I finally saw video of it, I liked the song, but there should have been more opportunity for the other characters to have a solo line and the float just isn't the same without some of the other human cast.

Plus, I'm surprised that Chris has never been on any of the floats since he's been on the show. Maybe he didn't want to be in the parade at all?