SST DO THE RIGHT THING Parody 10th Anniversary Redux

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone here remembers the DO THE RIGHT THING parody on YouTube from ten years ago that was essentially an abridged version of the movie with the Fisher-Price SST playset and Little People, but it was a really big thing back when it first came out, I remember.

Well, it would appear the guy who made it has just recently uploaded a new 10th anniversary redux of the parody, with remastered footage; check it out, it certainly looks a lot better than the original version (just remember, there's a lot of language):

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I remember back in the early days of Youtube, I would see this video's thumbnail anytime I searched for SST videos, I guess there weren't a lot of videos on the website back then, and I quickly learned the hard way that every video with "Sesame Street" or "Barney" in the title was not kid friendly.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Heh, yeah, keep in mind the original dates back to when YT was still fairly new (maybe just a year or two), and I found it completely by accident - I had watched those MADtv parodies, and I think this was in the recommended on one of them.

I certainly like the pseudo-Chuckimation style it was filmed in (like ACTION LEAGUE, NOW!!), and it's kind of funny when think about SST actually has a couple of connections to DO THE RIGHT THING with Spike Lee himself as well as Giancarlo Esposito.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Okay, I just watched the video and thought it was pretty funny. Definitely more clever than a lot of those uninspired adult SST parodies that are just like "har har har, the Sesame Muppets are doing the drugs, they would never do that on the real show because it's fer kidz! har har har har".

For some reason, Big Bird's voice in this reminds me of your voice a little bit, Joe.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Heh, probably because they gave him a pseudo southern-for-some-reason accent, lol.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I remember the parody from wayback in 2006, I think this was the second YouTube video I saw so, it's great to see it in HD for its tenth anniversary. Also the first video I saw on YouTube was Grover's Appearance on Jimmy Kimmel that @D'Snowth posted.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, the reason it's not up anymore is because Disney nuked it for copyright.