Thread Deletions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, unfortunately I had to delete a couple of long-running threads and I thought it best to address it here before the questions of "where did (such and such) thread go?"

Due to post deletion requests, related posts, posts made by banned members, and the nature of having to search through huge threads made me make the decision that the best thing would be to simply delete the following threads.
"What Made You Frown Today?", and
"The New Am I The Only One?"

I would advise that people please wait until January 2017 before starting new-er versions of either thread as that would allow for a smoother transition/restart at the beginning of a new year.

Moving forward, threads like these huge ones wouldn't have to be automatically deleted when a long-standing forum member requests to have all their posts specifically deleted if us mods/staff members had a button/link that help us by instantly getting rid of a member's posts all at once instead of having to search the forums to target and click/check on each single individual post.

Sorry this had to be done, hope you guys understand. :sigh: :sympathy:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Hello, unfortunately I had to delete a couple of long-running threads and I thought it best to address it here before the questions of "where did (such and such) thread go?"

Due to post deletion requests, related posts, posts made by banned members, and the nature of having to search through huge threads made me make the decision that the best thing would be to simply delete the following threads.
"What Made You Frown Today?", and
"The New Am I The Only One?"

I would advise that people please wait until January 2017 before starting new-er versions of either thread as that would allow for a smoother transition/restart at the beginning of a new year.

Moving forward, threads like these huge ones wouldn't have to be automatically deleted when a long-standing forum member requests to have all their posts specifically deleted if us mods/staff members had a button/link that help us by instantly getting rid of a member's posts all at once instead of having to search the forums to target and click/check on each single individual post.

Sorry this had to be done, hope you guys understand. :sigh: :sympathy:
Did any of my posts in the threads get deleted? Just wondering if they did or not.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er, when a thread gets deleted, all posts in said thread get deleted. So yes, your posts are no longer viewable.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Er, when a thread gets deleted, all posts in said thread get deleted. So yes, your posts are no longer viewable.
That stinks. I don't want the threads to be deleted then because all of my likes from both of them will be gone.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dude, that happens to all of us, it's a casualty of thread deletions when us staff members have to shut 'em down. We've come to live with it here throughout the years.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Who keeps wanting all their posts deleted, and why? Is there some disgruntled former member here having a mad-on with this place or something? This isn't fair to the rest of us that we have to keep losing long-standing threads because one member wants their posts deleted. Assuming it's just one (and the same one).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually it's more than just one member wwho have requested to have all their posts deleted. Most of the times I've had members approach me with said request it's because they no longer wish to have their posts viewed and/or quoted publically by another party/member.

And I agree that it's not fair, which is why I would really hope that staffers could have that instant button that could make a requested poster's posts disappear in one single action without having to affect the rest of the thread.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This super sucks, these were two of the biggest threads on this website and I am completely p***ed that things keep getting deleted. I don't get it, what's wrong with just going through the threads and just getting rid of those related to the banned/gone users posts? Is it really that hard to get rid of specific posts? Because I recall several posts, such as ones with D'Snowth and Duke Remmington arguing for instance, a lot of those were deleted within about thirty minutes of them being posted.
UGH, this is so annoying! Are the people getting their posts deleted aware that this effects everybody else?!?
And I agree that it's not fair, which is why I would really hope that staffers could have that instant button that could make a requested poster's posts disappear in one single action without having to affect the rest of the thread.
Who would you contact to get that done?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
When a thread like the "What Made You Frown Today?" thread is more then 500 pages long (100,000 posts) and I as a moderator have to cull through each and single page and post to find the ones that belong to a specific forum member, yes, sometimes the solution is to kill the thread.

I'm aware that a member can report their own posts, but that kind of doesn't work as well as it should as I still have to check each reportage issue, then click on the link that takes me to the page to find the person's post... And if there's more than one post by that person in a thread I have to go either back to Page 1 and work my way forwards to the end of the thread to find all the person's posts. Which is why the best option is if us staffers had a button that would zap a person's posts specifically to delete them in one single action without having to ruin the rest of the thread for anyone else.

Again, new versions of these threads can be started, but I ask you guys hold of on doing so until January 2017 for a fresh start.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Perhaps it would be a good idea to have some more staff members, because while you guys do a superb job moderating the boards, there only three of you right now, and the forum has thousands upon thousands of members - usually forums with less members have more staff members than MC does currently.