The most unbelievably awesome news ever... Ducktales

mr3urious

Reaction score
We also have a clearer look of the nephews and Webby.

Once again, I'm loving the unique designs all the characters have, Huey especially, who looks pretty sharp in that polo shirt. And Webby is just adorable with her full head of hair. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Launchpad is one of my favorite Disney TV characters. I even kinda like the odd slide from headstrong hero in Ducktales to the overgrown, doofusy fanboy who's sometimes the voice of reason in Darkwing Duck. It's like the difference between Bill Daily in I Dream of Jeannie and Bill Daily in The Bob Newhart Show (the latter I'm convinced the Darkwing Duck writers were huge fans of). So, hypothetically, if Launchpad doesn't appear in the show because Donald is being restored to his comic book role, I'm conflicted.

I've been saying for years I don't so much want to see another Ducktales project as much as I do an Uncle Scrooge one. Something closer to the comics that inspired it, rather than the recursive Indiana Jones homage type 80's cartoon series that it was (Ducktales' Logo even has the same font as an Indiana Jones movie). Something that actually didn't feature divergent Beagle Boys, Launchpad, and the other characters made specifically for the show. Something that did continue to focus on Glomgold and Magica, as well as digging up Rockerduck and other comic book villains that haven't been given the Ducktales treatment. On the other hand, Ducktales has been ingrained in every Scrooge McDuck fan born about the 80's before getting access to the comics. And it was a great, groundbreaking cartoon with some great character additions. So really, I don't know if I wanted more Ducktales, but better written than the last season (minus the Gizmoduck episodes, of course. Those were great), or a straight up Uncle Scrooge cartoon. This cartoon looks to find the exact middle ground between those two.

Besides, they could always handwave it as the time Launchpad was in St. Canard. Still, this is just a theory of mine, as LP isn't featured in any of the promotional material so far, but Donald is prominent. Though it does sound like at least the divergent Beagle Boys are going to be back, so anything could happen with this. Still excited as heck about it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
A teaser of the DuckTales reboot has been released, along with another promo image.

http://screenrant.com/ducktales-reboot-2017-preview-images/

Woo-hoo! Looks like Launchpad will be in the show after all, and hopefully he won't crash that Land Rover! And I just love how Webby is firing her grappling hook so precisely, too!

I sure can't wait next summer when it premieres! :smile:

Collgoff

Reaction score

scooterfan360

Reaction score
yes ! i can't wait, i use to watch duck tales every weekday afternoon on my local channel five.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
A teaser of the DuckTales reboot has been released, along with another promo image.

http://screenrant.com/ducktales-reboot-2017-preview-images/

Woo-hoo! Looks like Launchpad will be in the show after all, and hopefully he won't crash that Land Rover! And I just love how Webby is firing her grappling hook so precisely, too!

I sure can't wait next summer when it premieres! :smile:
So, it looks like they're going with a similar art style to the recent Mickey Mouse shorts, I like it.

I hope the fact that Donald's in the promo pic means that he'll have a bigger role in this show. As for Webby, I really think she was misused, maybe even a bit unnecessary in most episodes of the original show, so I hope they do more with her character.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So, it looks like they're going with a similar art style to the recent Mickey Mouse shorts, I like it.
Though it looks a lot more refined. Outlines are much thinner, and the comic book look of the backgrounds is more apparent.

Collgoff

Reaction score

I hope the fact that Donald's in the promo pic means that he'll have a bigger role in this show. As for Webby, I really think she was misused, maybe even a bit unnecessary in most episodes of the original show, so I hope they do more with her character.
Let's just hope Donald and Webby get along fine.

mr3urious

Reaction score
According to several sources floating around, John Kassir will be the new voice for Scrooge. Hearing him in the Mickey Mouse short "Duck the Halls", he doesn't quite sound as gruff and authentically Scottish as Alan Young (being American and all), but he sounds close enough. He should be able to grow into the role and make Scrooge his own, so I wish him the best of luck. :smile: