Spammers at MC...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, all of these have been deleted. Will have to contact Phil about one of these, something concerning just happened during the deletion. Maybe that will scare him into putting tougher anti-spam measures in place.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just because there's no spam to report doesn't mean there weren't any spambots. Reported a total batch of 11 from last night/this morning, though it's possible the administration may have tweaked the system so that new spambots can't/don't post any spam, but that's just speculation on my part. :shifty:

muppetperson

Reaction score
So refreshing to come here and not have to navigate through spam posts. It was getting a daily thing and I was thinking of not surfing here during US late times.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Snowth. Yep, those two accounts are duplicate spambots, not because of the identical birthdays but because they both promote the same spam website as their homepage as noted in their individual profiles. If they posted crap when they first joined back in April of this year, then I most probably already banned them when deleting their spam. If they never posted anything, then I'm unable to ban them now as it's past the first month of their membership here. Either way, thanks for the post. :wink:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Looking at Today's Birthdays, I noticed that almost all of them are spammers except for one.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It would seem that every member having a birthday today is a spam account.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think that's the kind of avatar imagery you'd want on this site, plus they're all females turning 28, hmm something's off I wonder what it could be... :stick_out_tongue: